General Chat

Stevo985

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

How music can change your driving habits. I listened to a chill/trip-hop album yesterday when going to see my folks and I was calm. Other people around me were driving like jizzslurpers, but I was calm. If I'd be listening to hard rock/metal, I'm sure i'd have reacted more. 

Presumably you weren’t too calm that you were able to resuscitate the passengers in your car who attempted suicide rather than listen to your choice in music  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Presumably you weren’t too calm that you were able to resuscitate the passengers in your car who attempted suicide rather than listen to your choice in music  

Passengers are overrated. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

How music can change your driving habits. I listened to a chill/trip-hop album yesterday when going to see my folks and I was calm. Other people around me were driving like jizzslurpers, but I was chilled out. If I'd be listening to hard rock/metal, I'm sure i'd have reacted more. 

Next up, Tricky - Maxinquaye followed by DJ Shadow - Endtroducing. Listen to those and you'll be trading in your German car for a Honda Jazz :D 

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2024 at 15:31, mjmooney said:

The latest issue of UK Vogue claims something of a coup, with a cover shot featuring forty of the 'most famous women in the world'. 

Number I have heard of: 16 

Number I could confidently identify in the picture: zero 

(EDIT: OK, maybe one) 

See if you can do better. 

(Answers):

Reveal hidden contents

Full list of 40 stars:

Adwoa Aboah

Adut Akech

Simone Ashley

Paloma Elsesser

Karen Elson

Cynthia Erivo

Linda Evangelista

Jane Fonda

Kaia Gerber

Gigi Hadid

Salma Hayek

Iman

Maya Jama

Jameela Jamil

Karlie Kloss

Precious Lee

Dua Lipa

Gugu Mbatha-Raw

Kate Moss

Lila Moss

Rina Sawayama

Irina Shayk

Anya Taylor-Joy

Christy Turlington

Amber Valletta

Serena Williams

Oprah

Anok Yai

Victoria Beckham

Selma Blair

Naomi Campbell

Vittoria Ceretti

Gemma Chan

Jodie Comer

Laverne Cox

Cindy Crawford

Miley Cyrus

Ariana Debose

Cara Delevingne

Jourdan Dunn

Screenshot_2024-02-12-15-07-56-36_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

Not being able to identify Serena Williams and Oprah Winfrey is a bit bad, even for you Mike ;) 

Edit: sorry I didn't realise this was an old post and have since seen the subsequent posts

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On 15/02/2024 at 13:07, Rob182 said:

I listened to a podcast about it the other day, and essentially Waddington’s royally screwed him over. Giving him a payout for their full ownership of the game, with him having no idea that sales of the game were going absolutely crazy in North America. Then to rub salt in the wounds, on Cluedo’s 50th anniversary, they tried to find him (to show him how many million had sold?) only to find out he’d died a few years earlier. The forgotten man!

How did he die?

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

But where?!

I wish I could go back in time and change my reply. I would have said “candlestick…. And before you ask where, up his arse!”

That would have been much funnier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I wish I could go back in time and change my reply. I would have said “candlestick…. And before you ask where, up his arse!”

That would have been much funnier.

You could go back and edit it, then I'll edit my quote, and these following posts can just be KW gifs.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

You could go back and edit it, then I'll edit my quote, and these following posts can just be KW gifs.

That all sounds like a lot of effort though doesn’t it?

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That all sounds like a lot of effort though doesn’t it?

Yeah, I was just going to stitch you up like the Cluedo inventor's post-mortem arsehole.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

Getting involved with dodgy celebrities is a nice little earner isn’t it.

Christian Horner allegedly paid off a female £650k and today Schofield alleged to have paid a six figure sum to someone else to keep them quiet.

Imagine just how many of these things go on that never make it into the public domain. 

These new names for the London Overground lines are a bit shit. I don't really care about the "woke" thing, they're just stupid names. 

Edited by sidcow

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

These new names for the London Overground lines ara bit shit. I don't really care about the "woke" thing, they're just stupid names. 

We know they didn’t consult the public otherwise one of the lines would have been called the Tube McTube face line 

• Like 1

Yeah the only one I feel is a bit flavour of the month is the lioness one, and even that has a pleasing alliterative quality.

Is it particularly woke (in the disparaging way some use it) to acknowledge a hospital that helped those affected by the aids pandemic? Whether or not I ever had any idea of what woke meant, I’ve lost all sense of it now if people think that qualifies.

• Like 1

Â