General Chat

Stevo985

The first production Range Rover Evoque rolled off the track this week and looks like being a huge success.

Range-Rover-Evoque-1_1_610x407.jpg

Range-Rover-Evoque-Red-28971.jpg

Land Rover currently have over 18,000 deposits for the car despite nobody in the general public having driven or seen one yet in the flesh!

despite nobody in the general public having driven or seen one yet in the flesh!

I wouldn't be too sure about that.. I know around Cheshire they are testing it on public roads (just like Jag do here)

Oh yes, there are plenty of engineering and development cars on the public roads as well as senior managers using them. I just meant that there are none in dealerships yet for customers to have a decent look at or drive.

One of the first customers is a wealthy Chinese man who approached the JLR CEO at the Shanghai motor last year, he ordered (and offered to pay for in full there and then) 25 of them to be given to the key guests at his daughters wedding this summer.

Oh yes, there are plenty of engineering and development cars on the public roads as well as senior managers using them. I just meant that there are none in dealerships yet for customers to have a decent look at or drive.

One of the first customers is a wealthy Chinese man who approached the JLR CEO at the Shanghai motor last year, he ordered (and offered to pay for in full there and then) 25 of them to be given to the key guests at his daughters wedding this summer.

Right yeah i see what you mean now, fwiw I quite like it.

I'm with mike on the fugly comment. Looks like a tonka toy. Just big for the sake of being big. Like chunky jewellery, loud clothes and loud music. Driven by people who are afraid of not being noticed.

I'm not totally sold on it either. It looks a bit too... concept-y? still. It's exactly what a comic book artist would draw if someone said to them 'Right, in this scene, we need a Landrover, but a Landrover from 2050!'. And not in a good way.

I can see an awful lot of people loving it... but not for me. It's not ugly per se, just not a looker. Landrover's traditionally always had a either a little style with their practical designs (the current Disco - practical, but has a reserved sense of style too, it's not just a work horse, it's wearing a nice suit with it) or were quietly stylish (the original run of the current Range Rover model).

This thing is a bit brash.

Â