General Chat

Stevo985

Anyone had group interview with The Entertainer? or a toy shop? Got one in a few hours....no idea how to stand out in a group interview

Turn up naked and paint your cock green (if it isn't already)

Anyone had group interview with The Entertainer? or a toy shop? Got one in a few hours....no idea how to stand out in a group interview

Make sure you get your own stage-time, as it were.

Had something similar a while back and scored well because I graciously stopped one of the group dominating proceedings, took my share of the limelight and then passed it on to someone else to take over.

Been asked to take something which shows who i am - thinking of the 'Aston Villa - Proud History, Bright Future; scarf, as it shows I have hobbies and things im passionate about, but yet also the slogan of proud history, bright future i can apply to myself.

Don't do anything related to football, as a retail shop they'll probably want you to work Saturdays and you don't want them to think your mind will be elsewhere every Saturday.

Handing in CVs

A perfectly normal part of finding a job, yet I don't know how to do it. Burst into Argos announcing to all within that I am looking for work? Chat up a bar manager and surreptitiously slide my CV into his pocket? Step meekly into a Spar and hand my CV to the yob behind the counter. Buy something in HMV, bring it back the next day and demand to speak to the manager in an aggressive tone, then hand him my CV? Arrive into the guinness storehouse, pay the €12 admission and search for someone looking authoritative?

I just don't know. Any advice? Are people going to laugh at me if I walk into a restaurant with my CV and ask for a job even if there's none advertised?

You get offered an iPd2, shortly after being offered a job for £stupid a month.

You are the Dom Wren of the corporate world. :(

Not quite. Still waiting to hear on the £stupid a month job and if it doesn't come off, I'm unemployed in a month. Still, lots of time to play with my new iPad then ;)

Handing in CVs

A perfectly normal part of finding a job, yet I don't know how to do it. Burst into Argos announcing to all within that I am looking for work? Chat up a bar manager and surreptitiously slide my CV into his pocket? Step meekly into a Spar and hand my CV to the yob behind the counter. Buy something in HMV, bring it back the next day and demand to speak to the manager in an aggressive tone, then hand him my CV? Arrive into the guinness storehouse, pay the €12 admission and search for someone looking authoritative?

I just don't know. Any advice? Are people going to laugh at me if I walk into a restaurant with my CV and ask for a job even if there's none advertised?

Don't think you'll be laughed at, shows initiative if anything. Scrub up before you go and you'll be fine.

Still no internet at my new address, its like missing a limb it really is. Was supposed to be installed today but (get this) Virgin Media contacted me by E-MAIL to tell me it would now be Friday.

Handing in CVs

In my experience it should go a bit like this:

You "Hello there, are there any vacancies going here?"

Person: "Yes there are, do you have a CV?"

You: " Yes (You will hand over a CV in a plastic pocket) here you are. My contact details are on the top and you can contact me anytime"

Person: "Ok brilliant, we'll be in contact with you soon"

You: *smile and look courteous* "Thank you so much for your time, have a nice day"

** If they don't have opportunities going. You should hand over the CV for future reference.

Handing in CVs

Ring up the firm.

Ask who's in charge of recruitment for the division you would like to work.

Send in said CV.

Phone up a few days later (assuming you've heard nothing). Ask for the person you have addressed the CV to.

Once put through, ask them if they have received your CV. As you have now got their attention, ask them if they have any role suitable for you. If not, ask for any feedback and end the conversation politely (they may hold onto your CV just in case any vaccancies crop up).

Recruitment is an expensive business. If firms can employ people that fall onto their lap cheaply, they generally will do so.

Someone's just tweeted that Eidur Ducks are the Frankie Howard's of the Bird world......

listening to the Male mating call.. on Springwatch....... they sound EXACTLY like his "oooooowah"

Made me chuckle!

Thanks for all the advice fellas. I've collected some phone numbers and will ring them early tomorrow.

Rang the gardai today to tell them there was a guy passed out on the street. Very exciting stuff

If anyone is a fan of good film music, turn on Radio 3. Mark Kermode is hosting the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra doing your favourite film scores. They're currently doing a suite from Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood, which is superb. And they've already got Star Wars out of the way.

A month ago, I half heartedly applied for a job in management. On wednesday I was called for an interview. On Thursday I turned up 15 minutes late for the interview, but did OK. Today I was called and offered the vacancy . I accepted. I start Monday and I am shitting bricks. :D

Â