General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

One for one of the VT nerds to work out for me as it’s already made me head hurt…

some new images have been released that were taken from the Euclid  telescope in space … the light from some of the images it’s captured has taken 10 billion years to reach us .. if the speed of light is 186,000 miles a second , does that mean we have to multiply 186.000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 x 10,000,000,000 (excuse the lack of mathematical brackets )and that would give us the distance that light originated from ? 

or is it far more simple than that and I’m being a numpty ? 

A light year is a unit of distance, so it's 10,000,000,000 light years.

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

One for one of the VT nerds to work out for me as it’s already made me head hurt…

some new images have been released that were taken from the Euclid  telescope in space … the light from some of the images it’s captured has taken 10 billion years to reach us .. if the speed of light is 186,000 miles a second , does that mean we have to multiply 186.000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 x 10,000,000,000 (excuse the lack of mathematical brackets )and that would give us the distance that light originated from ? 

or is it far more simple than that and I’m being a numpty ? 

That gives you the distance in miles, yes. It’s really really far

Just a general observation over the last few months and it really has been literally just the last few months where I’ve noticed. Rugeley was prominently and still is a white British  town. I’ve noticed there’s been a significant shift in the amount and of other foreigners that have settled here and it’s very obvious when you walk through the town. Eastern European , Asian , African. It seemed to have just happened over night. I have noticed this in other towns close by too but this has been on going for years where as rugeley now seems to be having a fair mix of other nationals. Amazon could be one answer , although that’s closing in march. A lot of Turkish hairdressers and other foreign shops appeared. 

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just a general observation over the last few months and it really has been literally just the last few months where I’ve noticed. Rugeley was prominently and still is a white British  town. I’ve noticed there’s been a significant shift in the amount and of other foreigners that have settled here and it’s very obvious when you walk through the town. Eastern European , Asian , African. It seemed to have just happened over night. I have noticed this in other towns close by too but this has been on going for years where as rugeley now seems to be having a fair mix of other nationals. Amazon could be one answer , although that’s closing in march. A lot of Turkish hairdressers and other foreign shops appeared. 

Stafford still appears overwhelmingly white. I think Rugeley is the same if not more so. You may see more businesses and faces on the street but I think as a percentage there hasn't been a massive difference. The next census may dispute this of course. 

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Stafford still appears overwhelmingly white. I think Rugeley is the same if not more so. You may see more businesses and faces on the street but I think as a percentage there hasn't been a massive difference. The next census may dispute this of course. 

I thought Stafford had changed a fair bit but just a general observation of course. I’m not saying it’s negative I just wonder how a small town like rugeley which offers little nowadays will look on the future . 

cleaners...anyone got one? seems like an absolute **** minefield. it really shouldn't be that difficult to find one that isn't crap, expensive, unreliable, or racist but apparently it is.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

cleaners...anyone got one? seems like an absolute **** minefield. it really shouldn't be that difficult to find one that isn't crap, expensive, unreliable, or racist but apparently it is.

I want one but wife won't have it fir 3/4 reasons above

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I want one but wife won't have it fir 3/4 reasons above

it's getting to the point that i might just get one in for an hour to do my list of jobs because my standards are lower than my mrs'

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it's getting to the point that i might just get one in for an hour to do my list of jobs because my standards are lower than my mrs'

I want a decent and reliable gardner more. I have this **** huge tree behind my fence (councils) and the leaves ot sheds im out there everyday as so many **** leaves 

Cant find anyone thats reliable at all so doing it myself

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Had one before covid. An old Polish woman. She was very nice, spoke no English but we used to have very funny conversations where we both spoke our own language and did lots of sign language. She was rubbish at actually cleaning though and on days I wasn’t home, I was almost certain she’d arrive, spend three minutes cleaning and then disappear with the money. Tried a few more since but they were oddballs so I got a roomba instead. 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

**** me. You'll get assassinated for having a holiday home on here. Probably mentioning a servant isn't the best idea. 😂

• Haha 4

Â