General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Genie said:

There’s more than 1 garage doing MOT’s mate 😉 

True, but finding a good garage you can trust is harder! I'm on my 4th garage in 25 years of driving... the other 3, they either died or retired! 

As I tend to drive older cars, i don't take them to the main dealers much anymore. I know Audi would just rinse me! 

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I thought it was, relax the MOT rules on spare wheels, so cars could travel without them. Less weight less Co2, same with eco tyres, saving is tiny I know, but times it by the amount of cars, thats probably pretty significant.

Yeah like I said that’s the argument put forward but it’s bollocks, makes no sense. No spare tyre just generates more cost for the motorist when they get a puncture and reduces manufacturing costs. 
No spare saving on CO2 is an arse of argument because now some people have to sit in a farmers field wearing a gimp suit until the big van comes to change the tyre at the roadside and charges you a vastly inflated call out fee compared to calling in for a repair / new tyre. The Tyres we come to you type stuff never used to be a thing, now there are loads of them. Even Kiwk Fit will come out to you now

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Cars that dont have a spare tyre are bonkers imo. I only realised it was a thing when a hire car in America got a flat. Not a fan of the space savers either.

They're called Noddy Wheels up here. Made me laugh the first time I heard it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Thought I had Covid yesterday because I couldn't taste my baked beans.

Looked at the tin afterwards and realised I'd picked up 'reduced sugar' ones.  Yeah, don't buy them!

They're the only sort I buy. 

I mean, I've got a sweet tooth, but this American-originating practice of putting sugar in everything is appalling. It feeds addiction. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They're the only sort I buy. 

I mean, I've got a sweet tooth, but this American-originating practice of putting sugar in everything is appalling. It feeds addiction. 

This!

I've swayed towards the reduced sugar content of products over the last couple of years. E.g - Anything by Heinz etc. I always look for the reduced sugar/salt options. See also zero sugar drinks too.

My daughter thought I was an absolute nightmare going down this route to begin with, but she slowly realised who was boss. It was either reduced sugar options or go hungry.

She will thank me in years to come hopefully.

19 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

They're called Noddy Wheels up here. Made me laugh the first time I heard it.

Q: Why did Noddy have a bell on his hat?

Spoiler

A: Because, he's a word removed. 

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Im enjoying my new CD, all original 

Palm trees and 80 degrees The Duelers 

Never took to them, like Si Cranstoun as a solo musician, but The Dualers I never "got".

As a sidenote as I see you are Telford based, Si Cranstoun once played a gig at Cordingly Hall in Donnington, this was at the height of his minor fame. Was really odd that he turned up there.

Edited by Seat68
  • Shocked 1

On 30/10/2023 at 20:03, mjmooney said:

Villa fan captaining a team on Only Connect. 

I didn't notice that.

Probably because I always watch it on catch up so I can fastforward any instances of Victoria talking. She has become insufferably annoying

• Like 4

On 30/10/2023 at 15:54, lapal_fan said:

Using my wife’s new car to drive to Alton towers for work, allowing her to use our bigger car to take the kids to safari park seemed like a great idea, until I hit the worlds biggest pot hole and burst a tyre.  Two hour wait in a farmers farm entrance (kw) for me, towed to Stafford, the home.  It’s absolutely pissing down and I probably won’t be home now until gone 9pm.

oh well :)

This happened to me just last week.

Not pothole, but something cut a massive hole in my tyre. No spare, tried the pump and go stuff but it's usless with a big gash in the tyre (I didn't notice the hole until I started inflating it after the goo)

AA had to come out and patch it up enough to limp round the corner where thankfully there was a tyre place with the tyre in stock

Thankfully the AA recovery came with the car so I only had to pay for the tyre

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't notice that.

Probably because I always watch it on catch up so I can fastforward any instances of Victoria talking. She has become insufferably annoying

It must be a constant competition in their house to see who is the most insufferable prick, cos David Mitchell is such an arsehole.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good to see people being sensible and not clearing shelves at supermarkets again for the impending storms 🙄

See that's the problem with having streets paved with gold, oop north we can't afford to do it, especially for a bit of wind and rain when we're more likely to just put a coat on and go down the pub for a warm and a bit of a chat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â