General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What's all the todo about the Spanish FA President? I've missed what it's all about.

When presenting the Spanish ladies with their WC winners medals he kissed one of them on the lips.

Obviously not ok but he has apologised. I’m not sure on how upset the player was about it. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

When presenting the Spanish ladies with their WC winners medals he kissed one of them on the lips.

Obviously not ok but he has apologised. I’m not sure on how upset the player was about it. 

Was it a creepy, overpowering OTT man kiss, or a warm Spanishy friendly kiss and he's misread the current times?

Seems odd he would try and be a creep in front of a crowd of 1000's.

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Was it a creepy, overpowering OTT man kiss, or a warm Spanishy friendly kiss and he's misread the current times?

I guess it was the emotion of the situation having just won the world cup, still not ok of course.

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

He hasn't apologised at all. He's been saying it's fine today and it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Any kiss on the lips is creepy if it’s not a direct family member (and for some past VTers, even that’s creepy). Part of the issue is he said it was consensual whereas the recipient said it wasn’t. There is also the issue of him grabbing his crotch in celebration whilst stood next to the queen of Spain and her daughter. 

Edited by choffer
Royal bloodline mixup.

He doesn't seem too contrite.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Full on creepy with all of the players. 

Given he decided to act like he did even taking account of the excitement of the moment, and then to double down after, he's quite clearly a word removed.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As far as i am aware she hasnt made a formal complaint. If she has then different story.

I think if he just apologised and given a warning then thats fair punishment.  Sacking for me is abit extreme

Do you usually kiss your colleagues on the lips whilst without consent? You’d be out the door if you did it at work. It’s no different for this person. Not to mention he did it whilst the world was watching. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As far as i am aware she hasnt made a formal complaint. If she has then different story.

I think if he just apologised and given a warning then thats fair punishment.  Sacking for me is abit extreme

They said on the radio just now that she is so upset by it she is considering not playing for them anymore. I think saying sorry and moving on isn’t the answer here. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Do you usually kiss your colleagues on the lips whilst without consent? You’d be out the door if you did it at work. It’s no different for this person. Not to mention he did it whilst the world was watching. 

Im married so no

But women have done that to me years ago before i was with my current wife when i was single. Guess thats a sackable offence too?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

They said on the radio just now that she is so upset by it she is considering not playing for them anymore. I think saying sorry and moving on isn’t the answer here. 

He will be removed very soon then

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im married so no

But women have done that to me years ago before i was with my current wife when i was single. Guess thats a sackable offence too?

Are you saying you would if you weren't married? :D

If you deemed it inappropriate then yeah. The sex of the perpetrator makes no difference to the situation, not sure how that is relevant.  

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Are you saying you would if you weren't married? :D

If you deemed it inappropriate then yeah. The sex of the perpetrator makes no difference to the situation, not sure how that is relevant.  

I mean i know lifes different to how it use to be when i was 18-19 but we use to go for the pull with women. We didnt ask for their consent as such if we got chatting to a woman and you felt time was dight you would go for the kill. If the women didnt want to kiss you she was pull back.

I appreciate this is obviously a complete different situation from pulling a woman on a night out. im just saying you dont "ask a woman for a kiss" you just go for it when you feel that chemistry.  This guys obviously got too excited and acted unprofessionally. If she is deeply upset about it then he has to go as its setting a bad example.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

My dad passed away this week after a short battle with cancer. I’m trying to be pragmatic, but I don’t quite know what I’m supposed to do. I think I am coming across as cold to it all but I’m trying to just work it all out. 

Sorry for your loss mate. Take it a day at a time and take any support offered by a close one or family?  There is no right or wrong on how to behave.  Take care.

• Like 1

Â