General Chat

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

You are liable on the days you cross the threshold rather than the days it is within the zone. Presuming of course that whoever you’ve paid to leave it with, doesn’t drive it while you’re away. 

Ok cool. So day 1 we cross the threshold, day 2 we move the car within the zone where it stays for 10 days. Day 10 we cross the threshold and return to the midlands. Do I pay for 1, 2 or 3 days? 

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ok cool. So day 1 we cross the threshold, day 2 we move the car within the zone where it stays for 10 days. Day 10 we cross the threshold and return to the midlands. Do I pay for 1, 2 or 3 days? 

You pay for every day you drive within the zone. From what you've said that's day 1, day 2 and day 10.

• Thanks 1

I wonder how many of the 100,000 people going to Wembley to see England, a cup final or a concert will rack up fines? It’s gonna be a nice little earner for London that’s for sure, even at £12.50 per non-compliant vehicle.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder how many of the 100,000 people going to Wembley to see England, a cup final or a concert will rack up fines? It’s gonna be a nice little earner for London that’s for sure, even at £12.50 per non-compliant vehicle.

Hopefully a good number of them think it's outrageous and get the train instead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hopefully a good number of them think it's outrageous and get the train instead

They'll be on strike that day :D 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Welcome to khan's london.

Its going to be in every city i reckon by 2030 soon we will be prisoners in our own homes

My kids 9 year old Corsa and Ford KA that cost less than £5k each qualify to drive free in London ULEZ and Birmingham CAZ. 

I don't think we're going to be prisoners in our homes unless people insist on owning 2.5 litre diesel tractors. Probably with a completely unnecessary premium Badge on. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My kids 9 year old Corsa and Ford KA that cost less than £5k each qualify to drive free in London ULEZ and Birmingham CAZ. 

I don't think we're going to be prisoners in our homes unless people insist on owning 2.5 litre diesel tractors. Probably with a completely unnecessary premium Badge on. 

My concern sid ive said before isnt the current guidlines as such its once they dont make money from it (wehn majority change their cars) they will change the criteria so more cars pay the ulez. I reckon in years to come you will have to change your car every 3 years to avoid ulez charges. Thats when we will be prisoners! 

Id love to be wrong mind you but thats what i expect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My concern sid ive said before isnt the current guidlines as such its once they dont make money from it (wehn majority change their cars) they will change the criteria so more cars pay the ulez. I reckon in years to come you will have to change your car every 3 years to avoid ulez charges. Thats when we will be prisoners! 

Id love to be wrong mind you but thats what i expect

By then all cars will be electric and they'll have to consider new ways of earning from motorists. I'm thinking probably pay per mile car tax. 

Also we're only a few years away from self driving taxis and car clubs 

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

By then all cars will be electric and they'll have to consider new ways of earning from motorists. I'm thinking probably pay per mile car tax. 

Also we're only a few years away from self driving taxis and car clubs 

Hopefully if they are they are more affordable for people too, or we have some other method to run cars water would be great 😂

Self diving cars scare me abit ill be honest

11 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Just wanna say how much you’ve all kept my head above water over the last 2 months. Being made redundant was scary - especially with a baby on the way. But this forum has made me laugh and given me so much to keep me going. This is the best community I’ve been part of (and I say that as a former moderator on the old OS - some 20 years ago!). You are all amazing and you make my bits feel good.

(can somebody add a Kenneth Williams gif?)

Which one are you again? 

7 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Just wanna say how much you’ve all kept my head above water over the last 2 months. Being made redundant was scary - especially with a baby on the way. But this forum has made me laugh and given me so much to keep me going. This is the best community I’ve been part of (and I say that as a former moderator on the old OS - some 20 years ago!). You are all amazing and you make my bits feel good.

(can somebody add a Kenneth Williams gif?)

Someone was stupid enough to employ you in the first place?

Was his name Geoff by any chance? or even T.... nah don't be stoopid

Â