General Chat

Stevo985

Someone has obviously got to see the damage on my car to get a quote, how does that work?

Insurance sends out an assessor.

Had a strange situation in a lecture today - we had a hypothetical scenario in which the lecturer asked a British student of Pakistani descent 'What would you spend x amount of money on?' and he said 'to watch the cricket' to which lecturer retorted 'Would that be Pakistan or England?' (There were a few joking shouts of 'racist' from a group of girls behind me (also British but of Pakistani descent)) and the lad said 'England'. The same girls behind me seemed horrified and went 'Why would he support England?' to which one of them replied 'Because he's a coconut'..

Now.. I've no idea whether that is meant as literally as it sounds (white on the inside etc etc.).. has anyone heard that term used before? I honestly never have.

Yeah, I have heard that one. It really is stupid, why do people need to label people and put them all in neat boxes...

Had a strange situation in a lecture today - we had a hypothetical scenario in which the lecturer asked a British student of Pakistani descent 'What would you spend x amount of money on?' and he said 'to watch the cricket' to which lecturer retorted 'Would that be Pakistan or England?' (There were a few joking shouts of 'racist' from a group of girls behind me (also British but of Pakistani descent)) and the lad said 'England'. The same girls behind me seemed horrified and went 'Why would he support England?' to which one of them replied 'Because he's a coconut'..

Now.. I've no idea whether that is meant as literally as it sounds (white on the inside etc etc.).. has anyone heard that term used before? I honestly never have.

Yeah, I have heard that one. It really is stupid, why do people need to label people and put them all in neat boxes...

I never realised there was such a stigma that can be attached to 'integrating', for lack of a better word. I love the IOM and would support a Manx team if any were good enough.

Not really in this country. I thought that it was more of a US term.

Never heard the term cocount but i have heard someone called a bounty

Just shaved my head for some reason. **** ridiculous looking. Ah well
Every bloke should do it at least once, if only to see what it looks like.

I did it two summers back (and posted pics on here).

Just shaved my head for some reason. **** ridiculous looking. Ah well
Every bloke should do it at least once, if only to see what it looks like.

I did it two summers back (and posted pics on here).

That only seems like 5 minutes ago :(

the problem yyou have when shaving your head (which i discovered) when you wnat to grow it back it gets to a stage where its looks really crap and there is nothing you can do to your hair to make it look better as isnt long enough, so you either go round looking like a donkey for about 2-3 weeks or you end up shaving it again!

i shaved it 3 times when it got to that stage but then eventually i bit the bullet and grew it back going with that crap stage for 2-3 weeks!

I had a shaved head (not completely shaved, number 2 all over) for about 8 years because I thought it looked crap when it grew out. I never had the bottle (if that's the right word) to go through that stage of it looking crap so that I could get to normal hair.

My hair's normal now, I grew it out in my last year of uni. But it's just made me angry that I didn't let it grow earlier!

Â