General Chat

Stevo985

A film... a man offers a large amount of money for the first person to get to a destination. Loads try, I think there are two brothers, a family, a man who ends up driving a coach full of ladies.

They all get there and end up on stage at a charity gig, where they give away the money.. what the hell is that film?

Rat Race?

Thank you!!!

A film... a man offers a large amount of money for the first person to get to a destination. Loads try, I think there are two brothers, a family, a man who ends up driving a coach full of ladies.

They all get there and end up on stage at a charity gig, where they give away the money.. what the hell is that film?

Rat Race?

One of my top guilty pleasure movies.

(Not that I really agree with the concept of guilty pleasures)

Radiohead‘s Thom Yorke has broken the record of longest song ever recorded with his most recent 432 hour long creation, “Subterranea.” Yorke composed this 18 day long masterpiece to be the enveloping soundtrack for his artist friend and collaborator, Stanley Donwood’s exhibition The Panic Office held in Sydney, Australia.

Donwood displays the influential and potent role he has played in the artistic success of Radiohead by showcasing the original album artwork he has designed for them over the past 21 years of collaboration. According to Billboard, “Subterranea” is “built from 25, 920 unique minutes of atmospheric, experimental sounds” all of which have been solely and strategically produced to run for the length of Donwood’s exhibit which began May 21 and ended June 6.

The mysteriously rare exhibition has come to an end, leaving us to fantasize and imagine the momentous experience of booming music and stimulating artwork.

Unfortunately for the Radiohead fans of the world, there are no current plans to release the record breaking track to the public.

Link Edited by mjmooney

Radiohead‘s Thom Yorke has broken the record of longest song ever recorded with his most recent 432 hour long creation, “Subterranea.” Yorke composed this 18 day long masterpiece to be the enveloping soundtrack for his artist friend and collaborator, Stanley Donwood’s exhibition The Panic Office held in Sydney, Australia.

Donwood displays the influential and potent role he has played in the artistic success of Radiohead by showcasing the original album artwork he has designed for them over the past 21 years of collaboration. According to Billboard, “Subterranea” is “built from 25, 920 unique minutes of atmospheric, experimental sounds” all of which have been solely and strategically produced to run for the length of Donwood’s exhibit which began May 21 and ended June 6.

The mysteriously rare exhibition has come to an end, leaving us to fantasize and imagine the momentous experience of booming music and stimulating artwork.

Unfortunately for the Radiohead fans of the world, there are no current plans to release the record breaking track to the public.

Link

I would possibly give a little more of a shit if I knew who this dude was

Rat Race?

Thank you!!!

Does that mean you can sleep now? :)

Most 'hobby' shops with wool or material should have them. Hobbycraft are sure to have them. John Lewis definitely have them.

Any High Street Saree shop should have them.

Failing that, mid price christmas crackers often have one.

• Like 2

Advert from the most recent freecycle round robin I received:

OFFER: 4 dustbins (Malvern)
Tue Jun 9, 2015 3:28 pm (PDT) . Posted by: --------

4 dustbins, 3 with kids, need a good clean. Collect from the carport at ....

Some people will try and get rid of anything. :)

Edited by snowychap

can I apologise if I have been a bit bitey over the past few months!

Especially Kurtisomalia and Rodders666. Have had a nightmare - but after writing about it and getting it out, it feels like a weight lifted.

Only person I am not sorry for insulting is Stevo (just kidding!)

My friend there right, I've mentioned in the piss you off thread that he's moved in with his girlfriend and her kid and has no money for lunch and stuff. Well today, I was onto him asking we were meeting for lunch, he said he'd let me know, the place he works there are 2 partners, and both happened to be out today, they are paid monthly, but he had been struggling with this so asked one of the partners would it be ok if he was paid every 2 weeks, she said he'd get paid on 1st with everyone else and then again on 15th, he's on about €300 a week. So he was waiting all morning to see if one of the partners would be in, neither showed so i text him at 12:45 asking was he coming to lunch or what. He said he'd be there, he then told me that, none of the partners were in so he didn't get his wages (today is the 12th he is supposed to get paid the 15th), so I though I'd have to buy him lunch again but no, he said he took €50 out of petty cash, and wrote a note to one of the partners left it on her desk and said something along the lines of, I needed my wages you werent in so took 50 out of petty cash. He didn't ask or ring anyone to see if this was ok, anyone think he'd get sacked for this?

I can't imagine he would be sacked for that. Obviously it depends on whether they want to sack him, in the sense that they could probably do it if they really wanted to.

I can't imagine he would be sacked for that. Obviously it depends on whether they want to sack him, in the sense that they could probably do it if they really wanted to.

See that's the thing he's been making a lot of mistakes down there and failed all his exams so far so I think they've just been looking for an excuse.

Â