General Chat

Stevo985

They just carried out a penis transplant in South Africa   :o  , apparently lots of African men need an operation like this due to complications as a result of circumcision

If only there was a simple, long term solution here.

• Like 4

They just carried out a penis transplant in South Africa   :o  , apparently lots of African men need an operation like this due to complications as a result of circumcision

If only there was a simple, long term solution here.

they have given a big focus on female mutilation particularly in African women over the past few years in the news  , but they don't ever seem to have given this any attentoin at all

Circumcision is considerably different to FGM.

I do think both are unacceptable, however.

ermmm they are the same thing

(just the female equiv obviously)

Edited by tonyh29

Random question VT.

Does anyone know any famous people called "Oxford"? First or last name, doesn't matter.

There is an English guy called Dictionary, his first name was Oxford.

This isn't even a joke

Classic PussEKatt

I'm struggling to drink just lately and I don't know why, I fancied a real good session tonight and went over my local and had 2 pints and thought **** it I'll get some cans and have a drink at home and I may even indulge in a Jager or a rum later as well, I was really looking forward to having a bit of a drink

I've got home and I've just cracked my second can, I recon this one will be my last one for the night, I just can't be bothered, I recon I'd enjoy a cup of tea more.

I haven't really had a drink for about 3 or 4 weeks now, not a proper one anyway I've had the odd glass of rum before going to bed once or twice and I'll have 2 or 3 cans when I'm watching the football on a Sunday but other than that I haven't actually been pissed or had a drink. It's strange, I just don't have the urge for it at the moment, I dunno whats wrong with me

Thinking about it I recon music could have a lot to do with it, for the last few weeks I haven't really listened to anything other than classical music, maybe its that that is mellowing me out somewhat, I might have to throw some sad country music on or some metal and see what that does to my state of mind

Why are you so disappointed about such a positive change in lifestyle? So keen to waste your money on wrecking your health?

Occasional light drinking and listening to good music sounds like a win-win to me.

yeah but I actually fancied a good drink for the first time in weeks, I just couldn't be bothered, I know its a good thing but I have been looking forward to a good Friday night session all day.

My mates are all out tonight but I just can't be arsed

I've only managed a couple of pints of ale since Christmas. Not losing weight though as I'm replacing it with ice cream! This will be me soon

barry-austin-431163559.jpg

So, I've taken some initial steps to starting my own business, it'll be a specialty beer retail store in a high foot traffic tourist area in a gentrifying town. High end American craft beers and quality European imports. Bi-weekly in store beer tastings, demos by local brewers, etc. Bit of a roll of the dice, but nothing ventured, as they say. I'll be sure to hang the Villa scarf up somewhere in there : )

Let me just point out the obvious flaw in your plan ...:)

Seriously though good luck ... Don't flying saucer already do some of what you are proposing though ? Mind you the US is a big enough place I'm sure there is enough room for you to muscle in on them ...

Does anyone here work as a sole trader on top of full time work?

I am embarking on digital marketing freelance work and trying to get my head around expenses (regular and one off)

It reads like as long as I find a reasonable way of calculating costs of working at home (divide household costs by rooms you could work in and the time per month you actually work) you can claim that as expenses. 

fine, all good. 

I pay tax on profits, but only NI if it's above a threshold. 

fine, all good, unlikely to hit that threshold of £4kish profit. 

What about capital allowances and depreciation, how do I put that into my finance template?

I already have some equipment but for testing purposes I need a tablet (samsung tab, ipad etc). Do put ALL the cost as an expense, or split that expense as depreciation over the perceived lifespan (5 years)?

that's the bit that's confusing me

I have one sheet for incoming invoices

one for expenses

do I separate one for Capital allowances?

I will be working on a cash basis as it's easier. I doubt I will earn a total of £5k let alone have much profit at the end of it. 

Â