General Chat

Stevo985

it wasn't personal to you xxx

I just grew up in a house where all that stuff was played continuously, like some early Guantanamo experiment. In reality, musical taste is a personal thing and nobody can crit other people's taste. But I had just been talking to my brother so a little bit of metal hate slipped out!

It's taken me 30 or 40 years to finally appreciate Slade.

Who knows, I might even like Queen before the sun finally sputters out.

Been in Newcastle all day on the hoy, and trying to read through everything I've missed on VT since then seems impossible, especially as we've made a signing since I've been away. Anyone care to summarise what I've missed?

Does on the hoy, mean on the piss?

Been in Newcastle all day on the hoy, and trying to read through everything I've missed on VT since then seems impossible, especially as we've made a signing since I've been away. Anyone care to summarise what I've missed?

Does on the hoy, mean on the piss?

i took it to mean he was on a bike with Chris Hoy.

by force not choice :(

I'm intrigues what an Olympic superstar does months after winning a medal.

People were talking about TV opportunities and such at the time, did things like that come about, or was that all very short-lived and its back to normality now?

I went on a couple of websites to look at buying some lingerie for my missus the other day.

Now every website I visit has pictures down the side of incredibly hot birds wearing thongs. Not complaining and there is no issue work wise as my screen is not overlooked but it is incredibly distracting!

Yeah, "hoy" is a north east term for going out on the drink. Also it's used for as a term for throwing. Which can be confusing.

"We gan oot on tha hoy, tha neet?"

"Na man. Last time a wen oot wi you, I was hoyin' up all mornin'."

Edited by dAVe80

Hey in need of some help

Does anypne have any experience with redundancy

I've basically been told that the business is heading for insolvency i've worked here for 6 years

The question i want to ask is i'm eligible for 5.5 weeks redundancy pay

When i started i was on full time but my hours were cut about a year back do i get paid based on the full time hours i started on when i signed the contract of employment or do they pay you based on the wage your currently earning?

Edited by AshVilla

Hey in need of some help

Does anypne have any experience with redundancy

I've basically been told that the business is heading for insolvency i've worked here for 6 years

The question i want to ask is i'm eligible for 5.5 weeks redundancy pay

When i started i was on full time but my hours were cut about a year back do i get paid based on the full time hours i started on when i signed the contract of employment or do they pay you based on the wage your currently earning?

i'd post that as a separate thread, and i'm sure someone with knowledge in that field will be along soon. 

things like that will get lost in the general thread, and someone who does have that knowledge may not read the general thread. 

• Like 1

Wondering if I should just go over to Wainy's house and help myself to birthday cake. Completely uninvited of course.

Don't take all of the cake .........#cakegate

yes I know hash tags don't work here and are as annoying as someone who you talking to doing finger quotes 

Edited by Meath_Villan

i just come home from me mates dads 60th birthday, chicken tikka masala in hand, for some unknown reason d day just hit me really hard, im 29 had a bad week at work, feeling sorry for myself

how did they do it? fair **** play, never forget

Jesus wept. Sat in a bar with a girl I met the other night some dude sits opposite us. Shakes my hand and sits down. Boom, two man slaps in my face. I duck, catch him in the stomach and then the bar staff grab him and absolutely beat the living shit out of him in front of the punters. I've got a split tear duct but that was **** mental.

In all seriousness though, I hope you're okay.

The worst facial injury, maybe not the worst but the most irritating, was when I got hit in the face with a shotgun, I know there's worse injuries to receive from a shotgun, and it fractured my entire maxilla/maxillae. which is basically the entire middle of my face.

• Like 1

Â