General Chat

Stevo985

No I certainly don't love Michael McIntyre. He's watchable and I've laughed but he's far from being in the Frankie Boyle, Billy Connolly or (yes for my sins) Lee Evans standard of funny.

Since leaving Uni in 08 I've thought about postgraduate stuff for aaaages. However I figured working in the real world would be a good start first. Now, after 15 months of work and about 22 months since graduating, I've decided the real world is shit, and today I apply to go back. :lol: Big IF though here, it's IF i'm successful applying for funding, and there's not all too much of that going around, but by golly, working for the council is simultaneously easy - decent working conditions and pay considering it's menial jobstuff, but with no progression really, and filled with lost of bollocks.

So hooray for hope!

Felt bad having to give my Mom the talk today....

everytime I go to my Dads (swap every two weeks) she rings me every 2/3 days, asking what i've been doing.

So I had to sit her down, pluck up the courage and tell her to stop ringing me because it's incredibly boring, conversations doesn't really matter and just please stop ringing/texting me every couple days unless she has something important to say. She took it well.

Why can't they just be like my Dad? who I only speak too they day before I go back to his for 2 weeks to confirm with a "yeah pick me up from there...." ........."okay".

Felt bad having to give my Mom the talk today....

everytime I go to my Dads (swap every two weeks) she rings me every 2/3 days, asking what i've been doing.

So I had to sit her down, pluck up the courage and tell her to stop ringing me because it's incredibly boring, conversations doesn't really matter and just please stop ringing/texting me every couple days unless she has something important to say. She took it well.

But don't you think the calls were as much about her as you? What's wrong in indulging a concerned parent? Not the hardest thing in the world? Perhaps she has insecurities, say that she senses or worriesyou prefer being with your father ? Perhaps when your not there, she's jsut really lonely?

Do you actually "talk" to her? As well as your concerns, do you know *really* what hers are?

Its easier for Dads to bond with male kids, as they can do the "fixing bikes/watching football" thing, so this might be fuelling her concerns? Tell her she's boring, her conversations boring, and that you feel "bothered" by her, might make her feel your dads turning you against her. She might be well wrong, but women are odd like that....

Return with flowers, and at least tell her you love her, and appreciate her, don't just dismiss her out of hand, as in years to come, when you can no longer talk to her, you'll recollect the conversation, and quite possibly cringe in embarassment. Sometimes its just kinder to keep the status quo, and realise that people behave the way they do for a reason.

Of course, I probably have this all wrong, but its stillnot bad advice, even if its not relevant for you.

Â