General Chat

Stevo985

The bear is white because if the house's walls all have a southern exposure then it surely must be at the North Pole, meaning it was a Polar Bear.

I believe you have two apples, do you not?

You'd get an hour's sleep because it specifically says the clock is wound, meaning it's not a 24 hour clock, so when it got to 9pm it would go off.

aren't polar bears technically black ?

No, their hair is transparent but they are white and the hair is hollow AFAIK. Like fibre optic cable. A quick google confirmed it.

I won't accept it until Stephen Fry tells me  ....

Had to have my cat put down today  ... 21 years old , been with me nearly half my life   ... she was starting to show her age and knew she couldn't go on forever but today age just caught up with her and she basically fell into a coma  :(

I'm gonna miss her  

Have you ever considered stuffing her?

Sad to hear of the passing of Reggae singer, Junior Murvin. Spent many an hour enjoying his music. Will post some of his stuff on the 'What Song Are You Listening To?' thread later I think. Most people will probably know him as the singer of Police & Thieves. RIP

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/03/reggae-singer-junior-murvin-dies

radio 4 did a nice little piece on him earlier, his association with Black Arc and the cross over with punk and all that

The bear is white because if the house's walls all have a southern exposure then it surely must be at the North Pole, meaning it was a Polar Bear.

I believe you have two apples, do you not?

You'd get an hour's sleep because it specifically says the clock is wound, meaning it's not a 24 hour clock, so when it got to 9pm it would go off.

aren't polar bears technically black ?

No, their hair is transparent but they are white and the hair is hollow AFAIK. Like fibre optic cable. A quick google confirmed it.

Their skin is black. A quick google confirmed it ;)

Had to have my cat put down today ... 21 years old , been with me nearly half my life ... she was starting to show her age and knew she couldn't go on forever but today age just caught up with her and she basically fell into a coma :(

I'm gonna miss her

Have you ever considered stuffing her?

No .. For some reason I feel a bit uneasy when I've seen that done .. Memories and photos will do

We had a little funeral for her in the back garden tonight and buried her with her favourite toy and the kids put some candles on her grave ... Horrible to see the kids cut up like that

:(

After I retired, I started a Correspondence  Course in taxidermy. It was a disaster; the animals wouldn't keep still so I wrote to the Course administrator who apologized profusely and said that the first part of the Course had not been sent out - this was the bit that said that the animals should be dead first.

After I retired, I started a Correspondence  Course in taxidermy. It was a disaster; the animals wouldn't keep still so I wrote to the Course administrator who apologized profusely and said that the first part of the Course had not been sent out - this was the bit that said that the animals should be dead first.

Caution should be exercised before stretching this any further.

That's also one of the standard warnings about taxidermy.

Sent down the admin for a project of mine going out this week

the product flavour is  "Cheese & Bacon" so i wrote it as "Cheese & Bacon .... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bacon "

bugger me if the print guys haven't printed it like that on all the paperwork 

I guess that will learn me

• Like 3

Â