General Chat

Stevo985

I always used to leave my homework until the night before I had to go back to school too.

At the end of my year 10 Art class we were meant to do a load of artwork over the summer in preparation for year 11 so of course I spent the summer playing as much football as I could instead then realising the day before I had 1 day to do a month's worth of art.

I based my art around one of the Dutch masters, Johan Cruyff and managed to get a passing D... I made up for it with a very good B in the exam. In fact my work was kept by whichever exam board to set the standard for B grade art the following year so I never got that back.

So I'm sure you'll both be fine :thumb:

Meath, you've gone quiet. You ok chap or have the Feds taken you?

Har har Still here

Hang on, I've missed something here. What thread should I be reading to catch up on this? Confessions?

So, I went to Twickenham on Saturday to watch the England - Australia game. My neighbour had a free ticket, and whilst I couldn't care less about Rugby, it was something new to do and a good excuse for a couple of beers.

While I detest anyone who says 'Football, as a sport, can learn a lot from Ruby', I would definitely say that the event organisers from Football could learn a lot from Rugby. 

Here's a few of my observations:

The food outside the ground before and after the game was fantastic. There were 100s of outlets offering anything you might want; from proper coffees to decent ales and local street foods. 

There was a huge bar open to anyone throughout the entire day. We arrived there after the game had finished and they'd laid on a rock group to entertain the punters.

Drinking inside the stadium was permitted during the game. Now I realise this may not be feasible for football, but it undoubtedly helped to enhance the experience. No one was taking it too far, and people were just happy to be able to enjoy a couple of pints of Guinness while they watched the game.

The general atmosphere was just far more pleasant than at any football game i've been to. Now this isn't necessarily a good thing, the partizan nature of Football fans does add greatly to the atmosphere, but this was something different. People were dressed smartly, there was no frothing at the teeth and even less aggression towards the opposition.

I wouldn't necessarily say football should follow in these steps, because it probably can't, but as far as a day out is concerned, football can barely hold a candle to it's egg-shaped cousin.

Â