General Chat

Stevo985

As for that Russell Brand piece, I quite like the editor's top reader comment pick:

I enjoy Russell's musings and appreciate the fact that he is probably bringing new things to light for some people but did anyone ever really believe that award shows where the promised land? Has anyone ever thought that a sponsor of an event like this was just in it for the giggles?

Brand you are saying the right things maybe it's time to do something. Some of us live our lives away from the system choosing not to be a part of it (As far as possible). You have clearly chosen to be part of it. You are by your own admission a narcissist that's the main reason you do these things. If you really despised being at these things and hated the system you are part of so much you would give it up and leave. Til then don't preach to us. We know. We are the ones that puff your pillows in those 5* hotels.

• Like 1

Was just getting a curry and the guy in front of me was chatting up this girl by pretending he was really good at accents, when every one sounded the same.

Was it Alistair Mcgowan?

If you want imitations, this is your man -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIc0euC6EVE

• Like 2

You should, he has a dig at Boris Johnson!

Boris Johnson – a man perpetually in pajamas regardless of what he's wearing – bounds to the stage to accept the award for "best politician". Yes, we agree, this is definitely a joke.

Boris, it seems, is taking it in this spirit, joshing beneath his ever-redeeming barnet that Labour's opposition to military action in Syria is a fey stance that he, as GQ politician of the year, would never be guilty of.

Matt is momentarily focused. "He's making light of gassed Syrian children," he says. We watch, slightly aghast, then return to goading Noel.

On the basis of this snippet I'm glad I didn't bother with the link

Brand should stick to wearing nazi designed suits whilst slagging the company that made them off

Boris Johnson is just an absolute disgrace. This is the problem with people voting for bumbling oafish television characters who they find 'amusing'.

It was only a week or two ago that he said "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons" as some way to justify going to war with Syria.

I was if the impression he said

"But in the theatre of war, as far as I can remember, and I stand to be corrected on this, I don't believe that even the Nazis used chemical weapons

And was talking about "against troops"

He still has a weak argument , but your post clearly makes the comment appear more sinister than it was ...

Edited by tonyh29

Boris Johnson is just an absolute disgrace. This is the problem with people voting for bumbling oafish television characters who they find 'amusing'.

It was only a week or two ago that he said "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons" as some way to justify going to war with Syria.

I was if the impression he said

"But in the theatre of war, as far as I can remember, and I stand to be corrected on this, I don't believe that even the Nazis used chemical weapons

And was talking about "against troops"

He still has a weak argument , but your post clearly makes the comment appear more sinister than it was ...

He made that comment after realising his massive gaffe.

Either way, the Syrians aren't using chemical weapons against soldiers either, they are also using it against innocent people.

Â