Would you play for the blues?

mikeyp102

Would you play for SHA?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play for SHA?

• YES
    • NO

If it was literally "play for Blues or never play football for anyone else ever" then yeh I would. If they were my only chance at being a professional footballer then of course I would.

But in reality, if I was good enough for that I'd like to think I could play for someone else as good if not better.

I know it is a bit tongue in cheek but are people really seriously saying they would cheat and throw a game?

No - if I played for Blues I'd do everything to win the bloody game.

At the end of the day you're a professional and each player has to look after themselves - its an 11 man game, it never, ever comes down to 1 individual as to why a game is won or lost.

I'd be making sure I didnt look like a word removed at Villa Park though - the crowd certainly wouldnt think 'hes a villa fan so lets not **** him over...' ?

you'd probably get it twice as bad!

The average salary of a Premier League footballer in 2009 is £1.1m per annum. That is a shade over twenty grand a week.

Would I play for the Blues for that? Absofuckinglutely.

tbf, though, the league average/mean isn't that meaningful... I suspect that the average blues player is on somewhat less than the league average. Plus, if you were above the average blues player's wage, you'd presumably be able to make similar money at another PL club, so the terms of the question imply that you'd perhaps be making only, say, 15k a week.

Not to mention that your wage would probably decrease somewhat every other year when blues get relegated... at that point, you'd probably average something like 10k a week over two years. Of course that's still a million pounds over two years...

Its definitely more than a train driver earns, and I dont think they have to get out of bed at 4am for the money either!

i wouldnt beacuse i can live fairly well on the money i earn!

the worst thing i think is not playing for them, helping them etc and i couldnt throw a game either due to having a concious!

The worst thing would to hear the boo's of us mighty villa boys every time i touched the ball! That would kill me!! I would have to run over to the holte and scream im a villa fan i love you! or words to that extent!

In a heartbeat. Not because I like them - 'cause I **** don't - but so I can get the **** out of there ASAP and onto a better team with more wonga on offer. Yes, I can be mercenary at times.

Once my family and I were financially secure for ever I'd engineer a move to VP and even pay Randy and MON for the privilege!

If I was in my current situation and they were offering me £10k plus per week, then yes I would. It would hurt to play for them but that is a lot of money in all honesty. However, if I was a footballer already then never in a million years would I play for the scum.

Personally I would play for them and where a Villa T-shirt underneath. I would not be worried to much about playing the villa as I would feign Injury before the game and watch it in the stands with the villa faithful.

Bigger Dilemma would be this for me.... Your 10 Year old son gets scouted by the Blues you know that he is good enough that if Blues are interested other clubs might come in for them, but they havent a yet and might never, do you turn them down?

Hell yes, and i'd play so well that Aston Villa will buy me for a transfer fee of £1million (dnt need to be giving sha too much money).

And then i'd become captain of Aston Villa top scorer in the league, leading us to the treble of PL, CL and FA cup titles.. wooo all hail me. :flag:

Personally I would play for them and where a Villa T-shirt underneath. I would not be worried to much about playing the villa as I would feign Injury before the game and watch it in the stands with the villa faithful.

Bigger Dilemma would be this for me.... Your 10 Year old son gets scouted by the Blues you know that he is good enough that if Blues are interested other clubs might come in for them, but they havent a yet and might never, do you turn them down?

For me the answer would still be yes, let them sign him. I would prefer my hypothetical son to have a professional career irrelevant of who he played for.

and beating/scoring against Villa was always a good feeling as they were always local rivals.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

This was my reaction too.

Because when you play, you don't go "Oh it's Villa, my favourite club.."

When you train and play with people week in week out have friends there, you don't want to let them down, you lose the names, you don't go "ZOMG I Play for Blues against Villa"

After the game, I obviously used to joke if we got beat which we didn't many times (Our age for Blues had some of the best players in, we played a season and won 29 games in a row under Paul Birch (Legend by the way) you say things like "cause we lost, we're playing Villa..best team in the world" but once your out on the Field, you've got one thing in your mind, doing yourself and your team mates proud and giving every ounce you've got and against Villa, the tempo was always higher, alot more tackles and the more competitive a game gets, the better feeling you get from winning it.

Now as I say, this is youth level, professionally might be different but I'd guess not, if I played for Blues, I'd support Villa for every day of the year passionately apart from 180 minutes.

Â