Would you play for the blues?

mikeyp102

Would you play for SHA?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play for SHA?

• YES
    • NO

In a hypothetical way, if you were offered the chance to play as a pro footballer but the only club who would sign you were Birmingham would you sign?

For me it is a no brainer, get paid loads to play a sport that you love..even if it is the team we all hate.

Just interested in what some people would do and how much the hatred stretched...My uncle in his wisdom when young turned down a contract at the wolves (him being an albion fan).

I would have sex with Anne Widecombe for £20k per week so this is a no brainer.

Of course, I would do the decent thing like Agent Ridgewell and ensure that I helped out the Villa in every derby game and oversaw the continual decline of the Scum.

when i was about 15, one of me mates had trials at the blues. He's a mad keen villa fan

They wanted him to sign (or whatever teenage players did back then) but he failed a medical. he'd had a couple of knee ops and a couple of broken legs.

I thought he'd be gutted that the chance had passed him by, but he just said "oh F*ck em....I didn't want to pley for the scum anyway"

I swear he meant it as well!

Depends on the criteria of the question.

If I was a proffesional footballer then no, no matter how much money they offered me or whatever the circumstances of my career then I wouldn't do it I would rather go anywhere than there.

If however it is a choice between 'normal' life of working everyday for a normal wage or running out and playing the game I love and earning a fortune for my family then there is no decision to make I would sign for them in a second. I love the game more than I hate them and to play it professionally would be the most amazing thing ever.

If I was a proffesional footballer then no, no matter how much money they offered me or whatever the circumstances of my career then I wouldn't do it I would rather go anywhere than there.

If however it is a choice between 'normal' life of working everyday for a normal wage or running out and playing the game I love and earning a fortune for my family then there is no decision to make I would sign for them in a second. I love the game more than I hate them and to play it professionally would be the most amazing thing ever.

I meant the later...so yes you would play.

Even if I was on on £5k a week, still farweighs what I would earn normally.

This

Isn't there a VTer who played for sha? AVFC-Prideofbrum, maybe?

I played there for 8 years and left last year.

Although I've only played at youth level so could be different professionally, but the mindset I took was never "I play for Blues"

It's just like playing for another team and you wanted to win for yourself and your team mates and beating/scoring against Villa was always a good feeling as they were always local rivals.

The average salary of a Premier League footballer in 2009 is £1.1m per annum. That is a shade over twenty grand a week.

Would I play for the Blues for that? Absofuckinglutely.

Never.

If I was good enough to play for them, then in theory, I would be good enough to play for a few other Premier League clubs and most Championship clubs. I just couldn't put the effort in either. Nor could I ever play against Villa, my heart wouldn't be in it.

The average salary of a Premier League footballer in 2009 is £1.1m per annum. That is a shade over twenty grand a week.

Would I play for the Blues for that? Absofuckinglutely.

tbf, though, the league average/mean isn't that meaningful... I suspect that the average blues player is on somewhat less than the league average. Plus, if you were above the average blues player's wage, you'd presumably be able to make similar money at another PL club, so the terms of the question imply that you'd perhaps be making only, say, 15k a week.

Not to mention that your wage would probably decrease somewhat every other year when blues get relegated... at that point, you'd probably average something like 10k a week over two years. Of course that's still a million pounds over two years...

Â