Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Yesterday said I wouldn't be shocked if he went, but I actually was. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. You'd have to question the sanity of a new manager for accepting the job. To improve on 4th place is going to be incredibly tough. I honestly don't think Mourinho could do and he's considered the best in the world. Chelsea had a blip, that's all. To improve on what Harry did the new manager is going to have to finish above one of Man City, Utd and Chelsea, whilst at the same time fight off the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and an emerging Newcastle. It's a job that could easily ruin the career of an established manager, as it did for Geaorge Graham and Juande Ramos. I'm not sure who I want as none of the candidates really jump out, but I suppose that's as much to do with the fact I think they've got an incredibly difficult job that i'm not sure anyone could do. If Mourinho wouldn't convince then who would? Unless there is a large cash injection coming in, then I don't think the club has reasched its limit until we move to a new stadium.

I agree, tough job and in my opinion rather daft (hehe) to let him go. We'll see I guess. I'm not sure I agree on Newcastle though. I don't think you have to worry much about them next season.

I'm not really convinced by Newcastle either, but I didn't want to dismiss them given their season.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we have missed out?

No.

There are not many things I would want less for our club than harry Redknapp being in charge of it.

I'd consider having McLeish back before I'd have Redknapp

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: At your last sentence. Are you crazy? Criticise Redknapp all you want, but he is a much better player then Mcleish. He took Spurs from bottom half to 4th, 5th and then 4th again. Get a f****n grip.

2. I was obviously exagerrating

It was not "obvious" that you were exaggerating. 6 other posters also pulled you up on your comment so it was not obvious at all, if it was obvious there would not of been the level of direct response to it that there was. You grow up.

Excellent work ignoring the only parts of my post that were actually serious and relevant to the discussion.

Seemed obvious to me that you were exaggerating.

Who do you want Joey?

There are no well established managers that standout, as if you look carefully at their track records, there is enough evidence to suggest they'd fail at Spurs. Fans, pundits and the media nearly always ignore these things and point to things they've won as reasons they'd take us forward, but I'd say this is one of the dumbest of all the dumb arguments constantly used in football. Why focus on how a coach won things in totally different circumstances and ignore their failing in circumstances more similar to what they'd find when working at Spurs?

So from that point of view the likes of Ancelotti, AVB, Hiddink and Capello wouldn't really mean much to me.

The reason I was one of the few Spurs fans who was so pro Redknapp's appointment, was that his record was largelly unlblemished other than a short stint at Southmpton. He'd taken all his other clubs forward and usually to new peaks. The fact he hadn't won much meant nothing to me, as clubs win things, not managers. So from that point of view I guess I'd be more interested in someone who is untested at a higher level but has shown potential in previous jobs. So I wouldn't be against Moyes. I wouldn't be particuarly excited though.

I'd take a manager who had been at a higher level as long as his record in unblemished. Laurent Blanc fits the bill, but hasn't had many jobs and is unlikley to want to leave France for Spurs. Pep definitely doesn't interest me, as he's totally untested in my opinion. The only hints we can get is from his transfer activity when at Barca and that was pretty average.

Bascially I don't know who I want. With someone like Capello you can look at his time with England and when Roma had financial issues and could pay for the best players and ask why it would be any different when managing under the restrictions at Spurs? Yet with somone like MArtinez, he hasn't won anything, but unlike a Capello type there is nothing in his past that really strongly suggests he'd fail when the competition had greater resources, so at least that offers hope. Maybe Martines has the same thing the likes of Harry or MON have, but only to an even greater degree? It's unlikely, but with most of the more proven managers there is evidence they definitely don't have what it takes. Fans keep saying we need a proven winner, but that is utterly stupid in my opinion and totally ignores football history of when these so called "winners" work is less favourable circumstances in a tough domestic league. I'm not saying I want Martinez, but just I don't want someone who has failed in more similar circumstances to what he'd find at Spurs and had success with the biggest clubs.

Yes indeed. Where does 'arry go from here? Full time punditry?

No.

There are not many things I would want less for our club than harry Redknapp being in charge of it.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: At your last sentence. Are you crazy? Criticise Redknapp all you want, but he is a much better player then Mcleish. He took Spurs from bottom half to 4th, 5th and then 4th again. Get a f****n grip.

It was not "obvious" that you were exaggerating. 6 other posters also pulled you up on your comment so it was not obvious at all, if it was obvious there would not of been the level of direct response to it that there was. You grow up.

Excellent work ignoring the only parts of my post that were actually serious and relevant to the discussion.

I preferred the original version of this post that referred to Voinjama watching you have a shit. Or something. I didnt really understand it either, so can see why you swiftly edited it :winkold:

I think he will still be spurs manager when pre season starts.

Are you not watching the news? This isn't rumour. He's gone. Clean out your drawer gone. No more training for him.

I am watching the news. Its all rumour. No concrete evidence.

I recall you made exactly the same error the day Dalglish got sacked...Hours after he had got the boot you were dismissing it as rumour and citing such things as "research" :D:D

You truly are the gift that keeps on giving . :crylaugh:

:(

Unlike most on here I actually kind of like Spurs and Redknapp and I'm gutted he's gone from the club. They were the most entertaining team to watch last season.

Yes indeed. Where does 'arry go from here? Full time punditry?

No.

I preferred the original version of this post that referred to Voinjama watching you have a shit. Or something. I didnt really understand it either, so can see why you swiftly edited it :winkold:

It was a joke. Decided it was too easy :thumb:

Can only see 2 'likely' jobs for Redknapp now in management.

Certainly, if West Ham struggle on their return to the premiership. Redknapp will be the name on everyones lips. And Hammers fans also not happy with the football under Allardyce.

The only other one I could see is if Brendan Rodgers has a nightmare at Liverplop. But i think they'll give him time, unless its truly disasterous.

There was talk of Redknapp and Chelsea earlier last season. But that was before Spurs poor drop in form, and i just don't see that happening at all now. If Moyes did end up at Spurs, obviously then a vacancy at Everton. But in their position, they'd be mad to consider Redknapp and the money he needs to make his teams tick.

He wont move house to take a job. I can see him having a year in the media before getting a job at a London club. Maybe if Southampton have a poor start to the season and sack Nigel Adkins he might end up there.

ITKs are suggesting it's AVB. Seems a very odd choice to me. I just can't see how anyone can form an opinion on him that's positive. All we saw at Cheslea were some odd tactical approaches and that he struggled to man manage. We know little about how he'd behave in the transfer market or what he can do at a club given time. What happened after he left Porto suggests he was far more incidental to their success than the vast majority assumed. Very kind draws in cups, weakend opposition in the league and the blossoming of players who had already been improving year on year are surely vastly more to do with Porto's treble success than any contribution by AVB. I'm very surprised at this given Levy tried to get Paul Le Guen when he was at Lyon and famously hired Juande Ramos after the success Sevilla had when he was there. A bit of research into recent history at Sevilla would of highlighted many more imoprtant reasons for their success than Ramos. Has Levy learned nothing from these experiences? If it is AVB, then it's a massive gamble.

Â