Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that can't be true GlastonSpur said it was "nailed on" that he would be at Spurs next season. :lol:

yes,

BUT

Only if the nails were manufactured after 2010, nails from before that time are irrelevant (statistically speaking of course)

I'm open to a bet on the subject, if any VTer is so confident I'm wrong.

I'd need categorical proof on date of manufacture of the nails, factory name, batch code etc.

Can these be provided?

No that can't be true GlastonSpur said it was "nailed on" that he would be at Spurs next season. :lol:

yes,

BUT

Only if the nails were manufactured after 2010, nails from before that time are irrelevant (statistically speaking of course)

I'm open to a bet on the subject, if any VTer is so confident I'm wrong.

I'd need categorical proof on date of manufacture of the nails, factory name, batch code etc.

Can these be provided?

My favourite post on VT in quite some time.

You would never win a bet with Glaston, there would be too many add ons and clauses that the bet would make no sense, and if it did it would be totally in his favour

The bet offered is quite straightforward: Modric will still be a Spurs player when this summer window has closed.

No if, or buts, and regardless of how much is offered for him and which club offers it.

If Spurs do force Modric to stay this season, they will gain 72 Wainy respect points.

As for Glaston, were you not actually gloating how Modric would not leave but also that he would have no intention of leaving Spurs?

It looks like it will come down to how he behaves now.

He could do a Yorke and sulk about and put in a half effort in which case Levy will do the deal and get rid. If he stays professional then he will stay another season and look to make the move next summer.

Personally i hope Spurs keep him. **** clubs like Chelsea.

Agreed Mr Train driver :)

I havent any problems with Spurs, irrespective that `arry` is a bit of a dodgy geeza. Wish our club had the bollocks to stand firm with these prima-donnas

Personally i hope Spurs keep him. **** clubs like Chelsea.

Agreed Mr Train driver :)

I havent any problems with Spurs, irrespective that `arry` is a bit of a dodgy geeza. Wish our club had the bollocks to stand firm with these prima-donnas

Big summer for Spurs this, are they an integral part of the new top six or are they clinging on to the top five for dear life?

Over the next season and a half they'll find out whether they're the new Arsenal or the next Villa - Modric matters to this.

Personally I think finishing above new Liverpool and Arsenal for 4th will be very difficult and if their players cotton on to them not having a good shout at Champions league then they'll be off like a Downing - a good start to the season will be important, but I think they might struggle.

Spurs are going to sell in my opinion and they have always known this despite there very strong stance on the subject.

They are renowned for getting the best price they can for players and their stance now is no different to that take with Man Utd over Carrick and Berbatov or with Liverpool over Keane and I predict the outcome will be the same as well. In a different way they did similar with Sunderland over Darren Bent.

Quite simply they know how to get top dollar for their players and I'm sure they know the reality of their situation, Modric will leave but will leave on their terms and at their price or as close as possible to their price as not to matter or he won't leave at all.

Everyone knows Spurs need to sell to buy they have been very open about that but so far they aren't really shifting the squad players other than O'Hara and if Harry can't shift them he has a problem. They went backwards last season and will do next season if they don't raise money to bring players in, sure they would rather lose lesser players than Modric but if they can get £30m for him and buy 2 or 3 players I think Harry will do it.

There are a lot of similarities between them and us in terms of the difficulties each club face, I just think they are far better equiped at dealing with them both at manager and boardroom levels.

If I was putting money on it I'd be betting on Modric going the interesting question then will Bale be off as well as has previously been suggested by the press?

I cant believe Spurs cant really find clubs for the likes of

Jenas

Hutton

Dos Santos

Keane

Defoe

Pavlyuchenko

even Gomes

surely they can find clubs like Fulham to take them off their hands

they would rather lose lesser players than Modric but if they can get £30m for him and buy 2 or 3 players I think Harry will do it.

Buy who? They would slip further next season if they sold someone like Modric - players of a certain quality you just can't lose if you're trying to progress as a club.

At any rate Spurs don't need any more average squad players, they've got too much deadwood on their rosters as it is thanks to Arry's policy of buying dozens of fullbacks and wingers**.

** And keepers.

I cant believe Spurs cant really find clubs for the likes of

Jenas

Hutton

Dos Santos

Keane

Defoe

Pavlyuchenko

even Gomes

surely they can find clubs like Fulham to take them off their hands

They'll have suitors, just not clubs that want to pay the prices they're asking.

We know Fulham want Keane and Udinese want Dos Santos. I think there will be loads of clubs across Europe for Dos Santos. Although he hasn't performed in England he always performs to Mexico so people know there's a lot of talent there.

Â