Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think there are any easy macthes. but if it was Villa i'd be hoping for Shakhtar, Roma, Copenhagen, Shalke or even Valencia instead of Man U, Barca, Real etc.. No easy games but some are definitely easier than others.

Yeah Shakhtar away would probably be the hardest match you can get. They beat Spurs a season or two ago too in the Europa League.

Redknapp threw that game, rather even between the two sides despite Spurs fielding mostly reserves and teenagers. I'm sure Shakhtar have improved since then as well, but the current Spurs team would walk over the Shakhtar side of back then.

Srna, Rat, Fernandinho, Marcelo Moreno, Douglas Costa, Eduardo, Jadson.

Lots of quality in their squad, and many brazilians.

If we should go past Milan they wouldn't be my first choice opponent, as they're strong but lack glamour. Inter and Milan have been awesome to play against and I'd love to get Barcelona or/and Real Madrid as well this season. Worst draw would be another english club.

Worst draw would be another english club.

Agreed. CL experience might just become a telling advantage. I think if you manage to avoid the English and the 2 big Spaniards then you should be happy.

I'm not saying Shakhtar would be a walkover, but as Bri says, in context of it being a CL QF, it IS an easy tie. If they play Barca or Arsenal, they will get heavily beaten.

I don't know whether this is old news and I just missed it but seemingly West Ham are tied into a deal whereby if they avoid relegation then they will be buying Robbie Keane for £6m end of. Regardless of how much he has helped them to stay up. A fantastic deal by Spurs if true. I suppose from the Hammers' POV, if they stay up then they'll be £50m better off than if they don't, so they can take the hit. That's not the first time I've had to doff my hat to Spurs' bargaining powers though. One of the other times being when Pompey owed them £1m for Begovic despite Spurs never owning him :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Sky Sports: England manager Fabio Capello believes Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is the best player in the world.

That's why he shouldn't be the England manager coming out with crap like that....He's only been good in parts this season and he's missed a big part of it, he's been shit in the prem.

How can he say that when Messi is alive and playing I'll never know.

I don't know whether this is old news and I just missed it but seemingly West Ham are tied into a deal whereby if they avoid relegation then they will be buying Robbie Keane for £6m end of. Regardless of how much he has helped them to stay up. A fantastic deal by Spurs if true. I suppose from the Hammers' POV, if they stay up then they'll be £50m better off than if they don't, so they can take the hit. That's not the first time I've had to doff my hat to Spurs' bargaining powers though. One of the other times being when Pompey owed them £1m for Begovic despite Spurs never owning him :lol:

but if West Ham dont want him they can offer him wages of 5k a week which Keane will not accept been the greedy SOB he is

Would it be un-PC to say that Jews know finance ?

Â