Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry mate but gomes is a much better keeper than friedel, just because friedel plays for villa itt doesnt mean he is the best keeper in the league

Never said Friedel was the best in the league (it's either Reina or VDS) but as said before Gomes has absolute shockers sometimes, Friedel is way more consistent. That was what I was trying to get across, basically.

yes friedel is consistent, you know what your going to get with friedel, because gomes is younger he can make world class saves like the 2 last night, friedel doesnt make saves like that, still a good keeper though, back to spurs, i really want them to finish 4th because we all know if city get it we will have no chance in the future

They played well last night to be fair to them. It's unfortunate they have such an odious piece of shit for a manager as otherwise I would have liked them to pip Citeh to fourth.

Anyone catch the wankfest this morning? Talksport had owen coyle on the breakfast show, 1st question? 'what did you make of spurs last night?' he's **** boltons manager ask him about bolton or even the wigan game ffs! Grinds my gears

I wouldn't swap gomes for Friedel. On his day Gomes is ridiculously good. But he also has shockers and he's still one of the biggest flappers going.

I'd have consistently solid over occasionally brilliant any day.

That being said, Gomes has improved amazingly since he first came. As I said I still think he has some flaws, at times worse than others, but he's certainly coming along.

I think Gomes occassional flap gets highlighted far more than most GK's (and they all have occassional flaps). It's because Gomes made so many mistakes in his first half season and thus everytime he's made a mistake since, it's been highlighted, to the point that non Spurs fans, who don't watch him every week, think he's inconsistent. But he's conceded less goals per game than any other keeper in the Prem. You can't do that without being consistently good. I think names and reputation count for far too much amonsgt football fans. The likes of Cech and Reina are very good, but this seaon Gomes has been the best.

Almunia should've caught the corner anyway, no one was challenging him.

Fair play to Spurs, didn't think there was any way they would win that game, typical Arsenal decide to lose to them for the first time in 100 years now. Oh well.

And on a relate note, Redknapp putting in Danny Rose. Is he any better than Delph then or is a manager shock horror throwing a curve ball in his team selection that throws the opposition a bit.

I wouldn't swap gomes for Friedel. On his day Gomes is ridiculously good. But he also has shockers and he's still one of the biggest flappers going.

I'd have consistently solid over occasionally brilliant any day.

That being said, Gomes has improved amazingly since he first came. As I said I still think he has some flaws, at times worse than others, but he's certainly coming along.

I think Gomes occassional flap gets highlighted far more than most GK's (and they all have occassional flaps). It's because Gomes made so many mistakes in his first half season and thus everytime he's made a mistake since, it's been highlighted, to the point that non Spurs fans, who don't watch him every week, think he's inconsistent. But he's conceded less goals per game than any other keeper in the Prem. You can't do that without being consistently good. I think names and reputation count for far too much amonsgt football fans. The likes of Cech and Reina are very good, but this seaon Gomes has been the best.

Gomes has been better this season, but there's 2 keepers in Birmingham that've been better.

Why was Rose taken off at half time for someone who plays in exactly the same position? He wasn't injured

Maybe he was taking Barry Glendenning's advice:

GOAL! Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal (Rose 9 min) Danny Rose, 19, scores on his Premier League debut with a volley from at least 40 yards. That's a sensational strike!

Spurs had a corner, which was sent in from the right by Modric. Almunia punched it into the night sky, from where it dropped to Rose in the left channel. He sent it back with interest, rifling a left-footed volley over Almunia and under the crossbar from 35-40 yards out. Now we know what that secret weapon Harry Redknapp was talking about is. Rose should retire now, because he's never going to top that if he plays for another 20 years.

Minute-by-minute

Why was Rose taken off at half time for someone who plays in exactly the same position? He wasn't injured

Tired and a blow to the knees it seems.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/dannys-fairytale-150410.html

"I hurt my knee in the first half and was a little bit tired so the gaffer didn't want to take any risks and brought me off at half-time.

"To play my first Premier League game against our local rivals is a big achievement for me and I hope I did enough in the 45 minutes to put myself in contention for Saturday."

Â