PL: Everton a Match Thread 2009/10/31 15:00

limpid

another inept performance so far against Everton reserves ..sort it out Martin

Everton reserves???

Are you sure??

First choice keeper - Howard, centre half - Distin, left back - Bainers, 3 first choice midfielders - Fellatio, Cahill and Bilyaletinov (not mentioning Heitinga) and a 1st choice striker - Yakubu...

I know we're not playing well but no need to spout that drivel!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have been absolutely gash again...

absolutely disgraceful in the centre of midfield... no pace, not tackling ability, no ability to pass the ball, and we are just allowing them to run straight through us due to the lack of movement and mobility... no protection of the back four, and no support for the attack... sidwell is a complete waste of a shirt, and petrov, while showing a good touch or two on the ball, is far too statuesque for 4-4-2 in the premier league...

we are far too reliant on the wingers, which makes it very easy to take them out of the game, and that is why we arent creating anything...

as for the strikers, without any service, it is always going to be difficult, however, the basics of controlling the football or any form of movement would help them be less shit...

The amount of depression on here is laughable. We go down one-nil to an undeserved goal, so what? It's what Everton tend to do to teams, we just need the character to bounce back, which hopefully we will show in the second half.

What's Heskey done wrong?

He's hardly give the ball away once and has kept it for us and dropped deep to play the little link man.

Everton have had 1 decent chance as did we, they took theirs, we didn't take ours.

Heskey gave the ball away which lead to their goal! I don't know whats wrong with our side!

He's hardly give the ball away once and has kept it for us and dropped deep to play the little link man.

His problem is that his name is Emile Heskey. Had that been Carew, it've been regarded 'good hold up play' or whatever else.

If Martin O'Neill doesn't stop this bleeding stubbornness - we are going to finish about 12th this year !!!

There was no other thing to do today - 4-5-1 !

But no - he wants to prove himself right again.

We have been feckin appalling this season, apart from one game and guess what we played there !

CHANGE IT !!!!

I despair sometimes!!! It's 1-0 at half time, there's not been a lot in the game, keep the faith!!!!!!

Everton have had 1 decent chance as did we, they took theirs, we didn't take ours.

he's not done anything wrong per se

however he's yet to win a header all match , he's not a threat to them up front

and i suspect if you look back at the goal his part in giving the ball away when we should possibly have just been seeing out half time maybe ought to be questioned ?

jammy bastards
This. They just play percentage hoof ball.

Erm... so do we. The football he's got us playing is abysmal, we can't pass a ball and we create **** all.

Sadly, this is absolutely right.

Sooner or later, the biggest kept secret in football - that we are the worst passing team in the division - will be unveiled for all to see.

And how long have we been hearing this tripe for? Myth, nothing more. Considering we've been playing "shit football" for the last 3 years and will be "found out", Champions League quality sides still have trouble beating us, or even avoiding defeat this season.

It's not 'tripe' actually.

We get results because we're solid, well-organised and strong at the back.

And we're good from set plays.

However, my point was that as a passing side, we're atrocious.

A question for anyone out there to answer:

When was the last time we scored a really, really good goal? Anyone?

conveniently ignoring the fact that we have been absolutely dominated in the middle of the park.

Have we? They win one hoof-ball against Dunne near the corner which has led to the goal, it was nothing to do with the midfield

We're not playing too bad as some are making out... but what's frustrating me how we're now 'playing' opposed to last season and the season before where we scored a lot of goals and were an entertaining team to watch. It just shows how much we're still missing Barry... Sidwell and Petrov together in the middle are not strong enough I'm afraid.