PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

I have said for ages about Agbonlahor, the one thing that worries me is his goalscoring. He will score for 5/6 games on the trot and then not for ages and then another 5/6 games where he scores. Unfortunately, it looks like its the quiet spell at the moment. Prove me wrong Gabby!

I did say this would be a tough match...

That being said - we've been dreadful first-half and Carew has played like shit again and doesn't deserve to play in the second-half. We're not doing anything with ball, we're incapable of keeping possesion of the ball, we've done nothing from the corners we've had and we need to revert to a 4-5-1 in the second-half, otherwise - we won't win.

The referee has been dreadful too. We should of had a blatant freekick on the edge of the box when Milner got a nasty lunge from a Dingle player.

Dire football at the moment, conditions aren't helping. We're the better team but the conditions probably suit Wolves. Wouldn't be surprised to see them snatch a goal.

Let's get 2 so it's irrelevant!!

It has been a very frustrating half from every single point of view!

The referee has lost the game already and how hard is this? Two penalties denied, not even looked at. Several free-kicks that shouldn't have been, lack of understanding of the game and why did he let them take a free-kick after injury time?

Imagine them swinging in a perfect FK and scoring after injury-time? Nothing happened during the two added minutes so he clearly should have whistled for HT not FK when that tackle happened at 47 minutes. Important details!

Gabby: Should have scored after 1 minute and we have to put those away when we are away from Villa Park. Also, he had a great opportunity from the same area later on but again failed to deliver.

Carew: Goes around complainting to the referee getting nothing, but he will continue to get nothing with that attituude he is showing. Should have had a penalty as Berra held him for three seconds in the box.

Dunne: Extremely lucky to stay on the pitch as he failed the clearance, missed the ball again, held Doyle and got away with it. And that long pass after ten minutes; who the hell was that directed to? Seriously? Worst pass of the season.

Sidwell: A big question mark, he just doesn't do it for me. Poor on the ball, nervous when distributing, poor passing, doesn't hold the ball when he should and generally isn't a player with ability.

Milner: Crossing since he was 20 years old has been woeful. Great engine, mediocre ability thus far. Just wish he has a little of that smartness Wayne Rooney possess as they are kind of similar players (not positional of course).

Young: Not in the game

Petrov: At two occasions, against relegation fodder and a team we seriously should create chances, he stops when we reach the midfield point because he does not dare to contribute in the last part of the pitch. Incredibly frustrating.

We have scored 12 goals I think, and at least half of them from set-pieces. Ashley Young, our best player, isn't in the game because he is too easy to mark when the rest of the team is not working together. An attacking game of Carew, Gabby, Young, Milner and partly Sidwell isn't enough. We need to develop our attacking game or this season is never going to lead anywhere and teams will figure us out.

Second half? Anything could happen and we aren't favourites anymore. They aren't really threatened at the back, but Dunne is having another Mr. Hyde performance it seems to I just hope he keeps his cool sooner rather than later. However, none of their players would even make our squad, we are stronger and generally tend to get something out of these games. Here's to hoping. 0-1. Gabby.

Poor first half, we need to be stronger through the middle of the park, Sidwell just isn't contributing enough. Think we could do with L.Young on to give us more width at the back of the park, Cuellar's doing well but he isn't the best fullback and maybe Luke would give us more options going forward down the wings.