PL: Wolves a Match Thread 2009/10/24 12:45

limpid

Awful conditions to try and play football, happy to be level at half-time, like St Andrews I can see us coming out second half and winning this.

Scrappy game, scrappy opposition, local derby = never going to be a good game.

thank **** for half time, shocking, shocking, shocking.

Playing too deep to protect against their pacey attack

Can't keep hold of the ball

can't cross the ball

can't hold ball up when we get it forward

front men not linking

shocking shocking shocking

Really? Is it actually a shock to you? :)

you should see my hair!!! lol.

We are missing Barry in this game

What the hell is john carew playing at? has he been taking lessons from his equally inept strike partner Emile Heskey??? get him off ffs i think an extra man in midfield would offer alot more than he has been recently.

carew is playing shit again, that said craddock and berra are all over him and he's getting nothing, problem is he's none adapting to it at all, he didnt get a foul for it in the 1st minute he wont in the 90th he needs to do something different, and actually try moving when we cross

gabby - if only he had a 'killer' instinct in the box... we'd be 2-nil up by now if he did

Or just **** hit it with conviction.

Yeah, where's Hitz when you need him?

Dont slate Gabby I think hes done all he could so far. If he had a killer instinct he would be better than Torres by now ffs

Carew needs to up his game, midfield needs to toughen up, and we look strangely weak at the set pieces

we are playing dire football. its wet and windy making it difficult to control long balls, yet we continue with this approach. no attempt to retain possesion at all, sidwell and stan have been poor.

carew has been crap as well, dominated by craddock FFS

milner has been good as usual, and both fullbacks are doing well. gabbys hold up play has been good, though he messed up in first minute when he should have scored

a massive improvement needed 2nd half, passing the ball might help

Although I don't think some players have been giving 100%, I'm surprised at some of the comments here. Well actually I'm not - it's pretty typical.

Poor? Yes.

Disgraceful/shite/terrible? Certainly not, imo. The conditons, type of match etc have to be taken into account, and some people seem to be missing the positives.

C'mon Villa, let's have a better second half and get the three points!