O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

I'm not sure about that.

They hit the post. So the shot was not on target, how this is deemed as something that 'should have been a goal' really confuses me. Milner (I believe it was Milner?) cleared it off the line, that's what his job is in a corner situation, he did his job. I agree that the Friedel save should have been a goal, a goalkeeper shouldn't really have a chance to save a one on one. If you can claim these as great chances, what about Sidwells free header from 6 yards? The great save from Kirkland from Youngs free-kick? The great diving block from Youngs effort late on? We had a few damn good chances ourselves. It's just that because we've lost and played poorly, some will try and make it sound worse than it is. Not necessarily you, I'm just saying in general.

I personally feel it was about fair. A touch of brilliance gave them the lead, we both were denied by a very good save and had great last ditch efforts to deny us. 2-0 was fair.

Great stuff. Glad thats sorted then. Hopefully we will only lose 1-0 to fulham.

Eh? I was talking about goal scoring opportunities for either team and you come out with that? :crylaugh:

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay 100%. If we are struggling in 10 or 15 games then maybe think about it if there was anyone better to come in. Wonder if Everton fans have a poll on Moyles after todays result. FFS it is the first game of the season.

What is wrong with putting milner at right back to bring a winger on when you are losing?
Your not serious are you?
What would you have done

Yes, what would you have done? And don't come out with the cowardly "I'm not paid to do this kind of thing" shite.

What is wrong with putting milner at right back to bring a winger on when you are losing?
What would you have done

Well sticking 5 players up front would have been my first move. Then I'd have ensured there were loads of arrows stemming forward from every other player

Well here's my 2p's worth!!

On MON i would say stay for now as most on here seem to be saying.. One thing is for certain though & that is if DE was still here MON would now be on a vote of confidence.

On what MON stated today after the Wigan game "we looked tired which i cannot understand after the good pre season.

"WELL MARTIN I CAN UNDERSTAND IT & INDEED PREDICTED IT BEFORE THE GAME!!"

The best players from pre season in Carew, NRC, Albrighton, Sidwell, Guzan were not in the flippin team today??

Most of that lot today were not "game sharp". For instance Young, Heskey & Milner had been in Holland earlier this week for the international, Petrov had been injured in pre season & Delph has only played 1 game. Also Beye has hardly had chance to say hello & Agbonlahor & Fonz had an extended holiday!!!!

IS IT REALLY ANY SUPRISE WE DIDN'T GEL???

Come on Martin surely this was obvious?

What would you have done

i havent got a problem with that tatic, gets as many attackers on as possible and jimmy can handle it,

my issue is that 1) we shouldnt be in a position where we have to do it, especially at home to wigan and 2) its the only tatical change he ever tries and is so predictable managers will know what he is gonna do!!

Noone agrees with anything he has to say. He lives in Cloud cuckoo land where Cuellar is better than Vidic and Davies better than Ferdinand.

Post on poster AGAIN? Crikey you live life on the edge :lol:

And thanks for putting words in my mouth. There are also many sensible posters who do agree with what I have to say, but they are avoiding the bloodbath that is VillaTalk after a defeat.

OMG we lost, at home, to Wigan!!

What would you have done

Possibly taken Shorey off and pushed Beye inside to go with three at the back and not waste Milner at RB (though Albrighton appeared to go to RB first off).

MON is the one doing it.

and its the same shity tactic all the time from him,it never works ffs any half decent manager can read MON like a bloody book..

I think it would be better to take Ashley off after a bad performance and put Milner on the left side.

Agree. Would give him a kick up the arse he needs instead of being told he is 'world class'. A massive mistake with regards to Young IMO.

I think it would be better to take Ashley off after a bad performance and put Milner on the left side.

Agree. Would give him a kick up the arse he needs instead of being told he is 'world class'. A massive mistake with regards to Young IMO.

i agree here,i think he needs to be dropped for a game tbh..

Well as I am named after Andy Lochhead

I've seen us in Div 3 and Div 2

Its fair to say I,ve stuck through them through thick and thin

And I tell you what - Im not happy.

and I haven't been this unhappy since McNeill - I wasn't this unhappy under DOL - I just lost the heart under him.

What would you have done
Possibly taken Shorey off and pushed Beye inside to go with three at the back and not waste Milner at RB (though Albrighton appeared to go to RB first off).
You're just syaing that now to cover your "albrighton at rb ffs" guff in the match thread :P

Why do we have to put a right midfielder, one who played well for england in midweek, at right back?

Why are we in a position at the end of a game, yet again, where we are playing players out of position? Why do people on here think this is a good thing?

Im just saying I would have preffered to have kept players in there rightful positions. Most managers have signed enough players in each position to accomodate substituions. MON cant seem to make a sub without ending up with a woefully unbalanced side.

I just cant see the benefit of having James Milner at RB when we are chasing the game at home to Wigan. Sorry, I must be missing something.

What would you have done

In theory it's a good bold attacking move, however everyone seems to agree today from reading the reaction thread that Milner was our best player, so why put your best player at RB?

Personally?

Shorey off, Beye to CB with Davies and Cueller

Pushed Milner inside, Albrighton RW.

Â