O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Bad 2nd half of season. Tremendous Peace Cup. Decent performance against Fiorentina. Dire today.

Martin O'Neill, hero to zero, eh? We might do well to sleep on it. I have no more wish that O'Neill goes than I have that we get a richer owner.

Stay. 100% stay. And no more of this new manager every 3 or 4 years. One bloody match. DOL was right.

Fist you write "Bad 2nd half of the season"..and then you end it all up with "One bloody match"?

Fickle my arse! You deserve credit when due...and you deserve criticism in the very same way. MON has had three seasons to build a strong side. He has now a very thin squad lacking almost everything!

I am not going to argue with the likes of you or Mr Smalljob because at least you have been consistent. But there are some who change from week to week, depending on the last result.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ON and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Like a broken **** record tonight

All of us feel shit stop making it **** worse with your gloating.

Stop being a kid, do you really think I enjoy to be outplayed by Wigan at home?

No wait, I don't want to hear your answer

Bad 2nd half of season. Tremendous Peace Cup. Decent performance against Fiorentina. Dire today.

Martin O'Neill, hero to zero, eh? We might do well to sleep on it. I have no more wish that O'Neill goes than I have that we get a richer owner.

Stay. 100% stay. And no more of this new manager every 3 or 4 years. One bloody match. DOL was right.

Fist you write "Bad 2nd half of the season"..and then you end it all up with "One bloody match"?

Fickle my arse! You deserve credit when due...and you deserve criticism in the very same way. MON has had three seasons to build a strong side. He has now a very thin squad lacking almost everything!

I am not going to argue with the likes of you or Mr Smalljob because at least you have been consistent. But there are some who change from week to week, depending on the last result.

I agree. Yea. Oh, and rofl!

Although I'm a stay at the moment I am starting to lose patience with the man. In my opinion his transfer policy is not working, he doesn't know how to change a game with a sub and his tactics can only be describe as diabolical at times. If there is no progress this season i will be looking for him to leave and us to bring in a manager who can push us on to the next level.

ON and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Like a broken **** record tonight

All of us feel shit stop making it **** worse with your gloating.

Stop being a kid, do you really think I enjoy to be outplayed by Wigan at home?

No wait, I don't want to hear your answer

Do you think I did?

It was a shower of shite but you just won't shut up.

Your the kid throwing a tantrum.

Curiously the pro-MON contributors to this thread think that the antis are talking about one game.

We're not.

We are talking about consistent displays of managerial incompetence that have blighted virtually all of 2009.

I really do think that the guy has completely lost it, and his going now would save a lot of tears in the not too distant future.

Leaving NRC out was his biggest mistake today, why did he do it?

.... because he is a stubborn spiteful bastard..... and that is where all the rumours of losing the dressing room are coming from..... because a lot of the players disagree with his team selections.

not least Gareth Barry is well pleased he is away from him.

Why would you call him a bastard?

He's a **** football manager, YES doubt his managerial ability, question it, point out all the negatives but calling him a name is just disrespectful when in fact he is probably twice the man you will ever be.

after a player shows a great pre- season and lifts a cup against difficult opposition and then can't make the first game of the season against Wigan

The only conclusion i can come to along with Leaving out John Carew... is that he is a vindictive spiteful bastard......and he was in front of me I would tell him to his face.

yes its personal, but i think he has been nothing but personal in leaving them out..... either that or he is a complete div.

I'm sorry if it doesn't fit the book.... its just how i feel.

34% are ye **** nuts, its the 1st game of the season and ye"r calling 4the managers head!??, if we are in bottom 3 by xmas ..then this should be discusted but 4now cop the **** on and get behind team and manager!!
post off the week

Indeed Gringo, that usually happens when a player gets sidelined and the team start under performing. And we really need to calm the **** down here. It was a shit performance, but trust me, we'll get there. People shout about Moyes and Everton, well, they were certainly up and down before getting 5th twice in a row, and the CERTAINLY had a shit start to last season where they pipped us to 5th. We obviously aren't firing on all cylinders yet, but we will be and MON will certainly be up all night or at least twisting in his bed over this.

It is quite amazing the transformation in NRC - without playing any league games - he has gone from pariah to messiah in a few short months.
There are no better players than those not actually playing!

I voted stay, for now.

But I think if performances are still as poor in a few months O'Neill will be walking. I do not see how he can turn this around unless he signs a quality defender and midfielder.

I really think he has lost the plot big time.

Do you think I did?

It was a shower of shite but you just won't shut up.

Your the kid throwing a tantrum.

Yeah because only a kid wants MON out right?

I would hope I knew more about football like you do

Did I say that? Once again a pathetic question.

It is quite amazing the transformation in NRC - without playing any league games - he has gone from pariah to messiah in a few short months.

I bemoaned this on a couple of occasions last season.

We play better with NRC in the side.

Today it was crying out for him to be there to break up the play in midfield.

O'Neill obviously didn't agree.

Actually is it all about Martin Laursen - remember his first season - we started ok, then went on a dire run, Laursen came back from injury , and we looked good. Last season when laursen got injured we slowly fell apart. Of course he signed Carew and Ashley young, but now his working relationship with carew at the least seems very strained, I still like young, but people are saying now he's not so you.

3 wins in 19 games is it ? .........could anyone else do better .....I think they could . so I voted MON Out. hell get ten games or so, but today he shifted Milner, (a star for england in midweek) to full back, and persists with Heskey ............he really is signing his own exit papers

34% are ye **** nuts, its the 1st game of the season and ye"r calling 4the managers head!??, if we are in bottom 3 by xmas ..then this should be discusted but 4now cop the **** on and get behind team and manager!!
Post of the week.

Fixed.

Correctly fixed.

Â