O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Rediculous poll....polls like this just define DOL's comments about the Villa fans....start making this poll when the 1st of september comes

Do you actually believe 15 days are going to change much?

YES because the next 15 days is going to be the difference in who is going to be managing us come January.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

I was at the game today. If they would have won 6-1 it would have been one of the harshest scorelines ever to happen. So I really am not sure what on earth you're on about.

Stop with the whole "you should start going to matches" shite as well, many people are unable to.

I wouldnt go as far as 1-6...but we could´ve lost 0-4 with an ease. We were lucky to get away with 0-2 today.

Lucky to get away with 0-2? Surely you lot who keep saying 'coulda' 'woulda' and 'shoulda', aren't all blind? Or did you forget the parts of the match where Kirkland kept Wigan in the game? Saving Young's freekick, and two chances from Milner that he saved. Then of course a free header from Cuellar and one from Sidwell. By my calculations we COULDA won 5-4, we shoulda won 5-0, but no, we lost 0-2. Such is football.

As long as we're keeping tallies of chances, let's get it right.

'The parts of the match where Kirkland kept Wigan in the game'.

You must have watched a different game.

This is how i saw it.

A very very poor villa team, with a woeful ability to defend and pass the ball, lost to a well organised mid table team who exploited every one of our weaknessess.

Now whether you want to admit it or not, we got played off the park (at home) to a mid table side. We didnt just get beat, we got destroyed, and i mean that. There wasnt one positive to come from todays game. And at no point did Villa look like scoring.

You're overreacting and obviously are only remembering the 2nd half, which make sense cause it was played last. Yes, we were quite abysmal in the 2nd half, we did create a couple chances.

The first half was a different story though. We looked good for the first 20 minutes then faded out.

Milner did have 2 great efforts saved, and so did Young. One of Youngs was practically cleared off the line. It wasn't a very very poor performance, but everyone is entitled to thier opinion. We didn't get played off the park either, imo.

No doubt our defence needs sorting our but our passing wasn't terrible until the 2nd half. I think it's more our movement of players that needs work, getting into space, opening up space and going on runs to get a nice thru pass that needs the most work. These are the things that players decide or do not decide while they are on the pitch that needs fixing.

You say we got played off the park, we were "destroyed". Funny 0-2 is destroying, by your logic Everton should throw Moyes out and get in Juande Ramos. There's a foreign name for ya. MON has guided us to Europe two years in a row. I can think of 14 other teams that DIDN'T.

Meh, it's no use with you lot anyways, you won't be happy till we are mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal or Utd, and that ain't gonna happen for another couple years.

Rediculous poll....polls like this just define DOL's comments about the Villa fans....start making this poll when the 1st of september comes

YES because the next 15 days is going to be the difference in who is going to be managing us come January.

no it wont, MON will still be here

lerner isnt as fickle as some of our fans

who' of guessed O'drearys comments to be so true?

This is MON's fault, his players, (or lack of them), his tactics, (or lack of them).

Trouble is I can't think of a decent replacement...

Our overly English team ARE NOT good enough technically. Totally inept at holding onto the ball... Shocking...

no it wont, MON will still be here

lerner isnt as fickle as some of our fans

who' of guessed O'drearys comments to be so true?

Yep...Small squad etc

Meh, it's no use with you lot anyways, you won't be happy till we are mentioned in the same breath as Arsenal or Utd, and that ain't gonna happen for another couple years.

It's never going to happen at all with O'Neill at the helm. Four years in, and Beye, Cuellar, Davies and Shorey is a defence that's going to help us catch the top four? Never in a million years.

It's never going to happen at all with O'Neill at the helm. Four years in, and Beye, Cuellar, Davies and Shorey is a defence that's going to help us catch the top four? Never in a million years.

its never going to happen whilst we are chasing clubs that earn £50 - £80million more a season than we do from the champions league!

we could have more or less any manager and any owner and it wouldnt happen, unless we go the city route and ruin our club

ive been saying this on here for about a year now, its alomost we are chasing something that the powers that be dont want us to have, best of the rest is all we can aim for, and our main competitors for that lost 6-1 at home today

Stay for now.

But if we're not at least challenging for 4th at christmas (ie: are 5th or 6th, and still have a chance of finishing 4th), then i think is time is up.

I concur, nothing less than a top 6th finish would be a huge step down.

Do we miss Barry, hell yes, did Barry make Petrov look like a better player than he is, of course he did.

Will our manager be able to find someone of Barry's quality, who knows, but going on the performance against Wigan, he has one hell of a lot of work to do.

we had exactly the same problems with barry in a 442 in the last 3rd of the season- teams walking through as neither barry or stan had pace (and barry cant tackle) and nothing attacking in the middle of the park as neither barry or stan had the pace to get up there and then get back.

dont think he would have made a difference today to be honest, especially with the shoddy defending of Davies and Cuellar

we had exactly the same problems with barry in a 442 in the last 3rd of the season- teams walking through as neither barry or stan had pace (and barry cant tackle) and nothing attacking in the middle of the park as neither barry or stan had the pace to get up there and then get back.

dont think he would have made a difference today to be honest, especially with the shoddy defending of Davies and Cuellar

This

thankfully Risso your opinion isnt matched by the majority (on here or H&V)

so why not give it a rest eh ?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in the habit of either posting opinions just to fit in with the majority, or of holding back on those opinions because somebody doesn't agree with them. So if you have nothing to add to the discussion, why don't you give it a rest instead?

Stay.

We will lose the Liverpool.

Moest important thing now is a **** good performance against them. One that rattled the sht out of them in a game they would win about 6-0 if we play like we did today. Let's get into em, let's not let Gerrard run through us, let's not let Torres shoot from all over, let's get right into them and scare them. A point would do the team such a great amount of confidence.

If I was MON I'd be tempted to use EUropa as a youth cup now, do not rish anyone getting injured playing it. Unless we got full 100% strength to try and smash Vienna and build some confidence.

Unless it's drastic, I wouldn't sack any manager until the season is over, I.e in a relegation battle, if were hovering mid-table by Christmas, then if we haven't made Europe then we should look to bring someone new in, if we have made Europe, give him time. I wouldn't see any point of sacking him if were 10th at Christmas say.

Â