O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

rofl are you joking....If we bought Van Der Varrt, Ruud V N, Villa Park will be full every week.....Who wants to go and watch footballing imposters like Heskey and Shorey put on the famous villa shirt??

What an odd post. I go to watch Aston Villa, not the people who happen to be wearing our shirt until we sack them off or they get a better offer and sack us off. What a truly odd statement :?

Not odd at all Turamber...we have 10,000 people who are sunshine supporters and turn out for the big games or to usually see new faces or just to see villa when we are doing well...not everyone has the same view as yours or mine...I love villa as much as any hardcore fan but my patience is being tested after 6 months of constant dross

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice MON looking rather solemn on the sidelines.

Not like him.

Probably just amazed/disgusted at the pathetic booing fans tbh.

I'd hope he was more amazed/disgusted with most of his players' poor performances, than he was at the paying punters' opinions on those players.

Well the camp is certainly split 2/3 for him staying 1/3 want him gone.

The next few weeks are going to be crucial.

Vienna trip on Thursday, Liverpool on Monday, Fulham at home on the following Sunday, Transfer window ends on 31st and then two weeks later a trip to Blues. If we dont get a result against Fulham and the blue noses then the knives almost certainly will be out (rightly or wrongly) Martin has always said he is in the results business and they have not been good enough over the last 6 - 7 months.

I did notice MON looking rather solemn on the sidelines.

Not like him.

Probably just amazed/disgusted at the pathetic booing fans tbh.

I'd hope he was more amazed/disgusted with most of his players' poor performances, than he was at the paying punters' opinions on those players.

Even at our smashing against Liverpool last year he was animated on the sidelines, today he was just completely bereft of anything tbh.

Something must have got to him.

rofl are you joking....If we bought Van Der Varrt, Ruud V N, Villa Park will be full every week.....Who wants to go and watch footballing imposters like Heskey and Shorey put on the famous villa shirt??

What an odd post. I go to watch Aston Villa, not the people who happen to be wearing our shirt until we sack them off or they get a better offer and sack us off. What a truly odd statement :?

To an extent, Knowles is right. 35,000 for the first home game of the season is very poor. I know Wigan have crap support but had MON signed slightly better players, Villa Park would have been full today. A quesation for you Turamber, would you be even happier to watch better Villa players wearing that shirt? Not picking on you, I promise.

That's not just a knee jerk reaction to today's disgraceful performance

It might not be for you, but for most people voting "go" it certainly would be.

Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back? Or that moment when the clouds parted, and O'Neill's mediocrity shone through.

I think so, maybe. Though I do agree that for some it is like all their Christmases come early.

If the manager went we'd be in the position of having to start all over again. And where is this wonderful new manager? Would you be happy to appoint Moyes and lose 6-1 at home next time out?

Your posts suck mate.

If you went to the match today u would have realised that we could/should have lost 6-1.

We lost to wigan, Everton lost to Arsenal. There is no shame in losing to a far superior team. we lost to wigan, a mid table shit side. And they didnt just beat us, they destroyed us. They outplayed us in every department.

When will you just accept we have a poor side, I do. You live/post in denial my friend.

dont think he should go now, i still think he is a good manager and will have us up there at the end of the season

however, from reading all 3 main fan sites and listening to WM earlier, the result today seems to have been the thing that has finally made all peoples frustrations boil over. MON really has a tough task on his hands to win the fans back. he has yet again failed in the transfer market (so far) and we still dont seem to be able to pass a ball effectively.

the next few weeks is a massive test for MON and i think will decide his fate. because if he doesnt deliver some quality players that will sort out the spine of the team then fans will have had enough. there can be absolutely no excuses of "players werent available/cost too much" and no excuse for a small squad.

Though I do agree that for some it is like all their Christmases come early.

You know that feeling when you really really want something for Christmas, but when you unwrap it you realise it wasn't what you really wanted after all?

:(

MON - Please don't go

Ok.. If MON is not to blame for our poor play and performance that has going on since Feb. last season, then who is?

Is it the players? Randy? Barry? who?

Bingo! For once I agree with you Smalljob.

Yes it IS the players. The players like Ashley Young that have been talked up and up and up like they are C. Ronaldo. Now he thinks he is God's gift to football and has loads of pressure on his shoulders and is expected to play like Messi. Can't be easy for him.

We've all raised out expectations too high since December last year when we were in the top 4. And that has affected this team I think. Too much pressure on a small squad. You can't really blame MON in the transfer market, I think he is taking what he can get. Kinda hard to get world beaters if we aren't in a world beating competition and if we can't offer monumental wages (but then again I don't want a player playing in C&B if he is playing for money anyways).

The players have more responsibility then MON. He can only tell them how to play, once they are on the pitch they have a mind of their own.

So what the hell was the conversation on here about last night then Tarumber

You are referring, of course, to the same old people posting the same old stuff they've been dragging through every thread for months. Like I said on another thread to you: for supporters of teams outside the top four there are going to be more days like this than we like. So the doomsayers will be right from time to time.

Enjoy your MON out threads and the 30 odd sheep that vote 'out', I predict a good 20 of those people would change their vote the next time we win a game.

I agree we need a central midfielder and a central defender. If anything todays display will have gone a long way to ensuring we have them in this window and not in January. We can't wait that long. But I fully expect us to use the available time this window because the type of player MON is talking about/interested in is in great demand.

We lost a game, and we played very poorly. I'm as unhappy as the next Villa fan, but I have confidence that the manager will sort it out. Sorry you don't, but those are the breaks.

I predict that when fans with the longer memories and those who have stuck with Villa through thick and thin get back to the board, the poll will swing very strongly to the stay option.

It is the knee-jerk fans who have their day in the sun who are 'polluting' (IMHO) the board at the moment. Others will sleep on it and return tomorrow, when the morlocks are all tuckered out.

Â