O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

No ones knee jerking.

We've been having the same arguements since around april. Most expecting to see changes made, this so called ''important'' summer, where gaps were to be filled and improvements made, never happened, it's not gonna happen either.

They were right all along, the doom mongers, telling us all he's shit in the transfer market, we didnt wanna believe and still dont because we love the Villa but the chickens have come home to roost today.

Deep down loads of people saw this coming.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite amazing the transformation in NRC - without playing any league games - he has gone from pariah to messiah in a few short months.

Hang on - it isn;t he has nt played.

He played every game to january - we were 3rd

He dropped him - we dropped like a stone

He comes back in to the Peace Cup - we win it

He drops him - we lose.

Where is this "pariah to messiah" ?

The guy never deserved to be dropped in the 1st place !

But I think if performances are still as poor in a few months O'Neill will be walking.
I agree - and I doubt it would take a few months.

However - for the wolves with agendas to be wailing after one game of the season because his decision making has not matched theirs is a bit off.

People bang on about buying top players yet only 35k of us turn up today.

What do people expect?

rofl are you joking....If we bought Van Der Varrt, Ruud V N, Villa Park will be full every week.....Who wants to go and watch footballing imposters like Heskey and Shorey put on the famous villa shirt??

It is quite amazing the transformation in NRC - without playing any league games - he has gone from pariah to messiah in a few short months.
I bemoaned this on a couple of occasions last season.

We play better with NRC in the side.

I was also one of the few others who wanted to see NRC in the side on a regular basis - personally I have a funny feeling he could make a very good right back, but besides......the point is that most on this site were calling for NRC to be got rid of for almost a year

rofl are you joking....If we bought Van Der Varrt, Ruud V N, Villa Park will be full every week.....Who wants to go and watch footballing imposters like Heskey and Shorey put on the famous villa shirt??

What an odd post. I go to watch Aston Villa, not the people who happen to be wearing our shirt until we sack them off or they get a better offer and sack us off. What a truly odd statement :?

I've already said one as well Tric

Frank Rikyeard or however you blinking spell it !.

How about Trapattoni - christ , if ireland can get him , although prob too old I admit

or Koemann - No 2 with Holland at the mo.

Or maybe, Houllier......

Or even , and get this.......................Sven !

or maybe , Maldini (paulo that is)

Not suggesting I want any of these (well Rikyeard I would - and I'd get his name right at some point) but you asked for names !.

And dont say they wouldn;t come to Villa coz as long as we matched their ambitions - they would - Premier league is where most want to manage, and god, if notts County can get Sven then quite frankly, if you think we cant attract a top name - you are daft !.

Come on everyone - he wants names - give him some !

There are defo a few here that I feel can make as good job as MON has done..or even better.

Frank Riijkaard is one that I like because he has a real positive way to look at football with a great deal of attacking football in his gameplay.

Ronald Koeman would be a very good manager imo.

Gerard Houllier...hm...maybe. I have doubts though. However..I do believe he would jump at the chance to come back to PL.

SGE is a very very bold thing to say on this forum but I wont go against you on that one. We can agree that it would mean the end of frustrating windows and hoofing football. :winkold:

Paolo Maldini is a wild card I never thought about but he would also represent a very exciting manager indeed. He has a load of experience and he has football in his veins with his father being one of the most successful managers in Italy. Paolo has a natural vision of football and he would be very popular among today stars in Europe..thats for sure.

Trapattoni? Nah...he was a very very good manager but time has changed and I dont think he is up to it. A few years back..maybe 5-6 years back..he would´ve been a great manager though.

I like O'Neill, I'll see how he does this season, but after that if this season is a failiure I'd reconsider. We can say he has done well for us, but then again we have not had another manager since new money/chairman Learner came into the club. Maybe another manager would spend better?

MON looked so uninspiring today on the sidelines. Looked like a rabit cought in the head lights.

34% are ye **** nuts, its the 1st game of the season and ye"r calling 4the managers head!??, if we are in bottom 3 by xmas ..then this should be discusted but 4now cop the **** on and get behind team and manager!!
Post of the week.
Fixed.
Correctly fixed.
And yet neither of ya actually fixed the problem post. Shame........

What an odd post. I go to watch Aston Villa, not the people who happen to be wearing our shirt until we sack them off or they get a better offer and sack us off. What a truly odd statement :?

Doug? Is it you?

That's not just a knee jerk reaction to today's disgraceful performance

It might not be for you, but for most people voting "go" it certainly would be.

Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back? Or that moment when the clouds parted, and O'Neill's mediocrity shone through.

Or on a brighter note, it'll hopefully be the the game that finally shows the manager that he can't go on trying to make do and mend with the central midfield and defence. We need quality in the important positions, and if that means espensive players, then that's what it'll have to be. Hopefully he'll rush out on Monday, buy Van der Vaart, Warnock and Upson, we'll go on a 6 month unbeaten surge up the table, and all will be well in the world!

Ok.. If MON is not to blame for our poor play and performance that has going on since Feb. last season, then who is?

Is it the players? Randy? Barry? who?

[beat trim]I blame delaney[/beat trim]

That's not just a knee jerk reaction to today's disgraceful performance

It might not be for you, but for most people voting "go" it certainly would be.

:bang:

So what the hell was the conversation on here about last night then Tarumber

Jesus man, you are writing anything !

We were crap for 18 games - he said we needed quality this window not quantity. Curtis Davies came out and said we need quality players , Petrov said we needed quality players , we ALL said we needed quality players.

We got a relegated right back , a 19 yr old kid, a guy on crutches and a mystifying goalkeeper.

And you wonder whay todays performance happened ?

Question - you think this team is good enough to get top 6 - and some say top 4 - well how about this for a statistic

Beye - relegated

Davies - relegated

Cueller - from bad league

Sidwell - relegated

Downing - relegated

Young - ??? was he with Watford when relegated or us ? unsure

Shorey - relegated

So if they were all that good, why did they suffer this ?

Laursen , Barry, Carew and for half a season Young and Gabby got us to 6th

The first two are gone, the third is injury prone and we all know it, and the other two haven't performed since January.

And he has done SOD all to rectify it apart from buying relegated sides cast offs.

Either wake up , or for god sake take your blinkers off will you.

I dont want him sacked, but I get infuriated that people like yourselves will say anything to make him sound good when quite clearly something is wrong !

EDIT

I forgot the carthorse - relegated at Small Heath !

Â