Peace Cup: Juventus - 2009/08/02 Reactions and Ratings

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He's supposedly Croatian, born in Dalmatia.

meh .. i bet you are one of those that says St George was a Turk as well :-)

actually the web site of fampus italians i took the names from also claim Columbus as an Italian as well and i'm fairly certain he was Portuguese ...

The consensus among serious historians is that he was born in Genoa.

One of these years, I'm going to try to get a non-binding referendum on the ballot in Massachusetts about which mariner did more to explore America: Columbus vs. St. Brendan the Navigator vs. the Corte-Reals... nothing like stoking an Italian vs. Irish vs. Portuguese fight (and keeping those folks occupied with such minutiae might just allow WASPs like me to take back the Commonwealth!).

I'm still buzzing!!! It was a great match that could've gone either way to be honest but fair play to our youngsters who didn't get fazed playing against some truly class players.

Has anyone heard any of the reactions from the Juve team/staff??

brilliant achievement consdering the sides we was fielding. players of the tournament without question were guzan and albrington. well done lads.

now back to business squad needs strengthening mon! important week for you!

Soooooo chuffed!!! Was bouncing around the lounge last night!!!

Well done all the players, especially the youngsters who had the nuts to go and take a penalty against one of the best keepers in the world!!!

Brilliant... Now lets bolster the squad and have a great season!!!

Excellent result. And overall, it has just raised the game with some players who desperately needed it - most notable, Carlos - who is really beginning to show why we paid so much for him. Let alone seeing how well the younger squad players have done. Guzan must be pushing for the first team spot fairly soon - if not this season, then I can't imagine unless he has a horrific point late on, that he doesn't start as first choice next season.

Yes, its only a friendly - but its been a long time since we won a trophy and its great to have that feeling around the club again, and that can only inspire everyone!

Juventus deserved to win the Peace Cup trophy, not Aston Villa, according to Bianconeri director Alessio Secco.

The 4-3 penalty defeat to the Premier League side has left Secco with a sour taste in his mouth. Penalty misses from Vincenzo Iaquinta, Alessandro Del Piero and Nicola Legrottaglie blew Juve's chances, and gifted the trophy to the Villans.

"It's a shame as we deserved to win. There is some regret for the victory that did not arrive as we deserved it," Secco told Tuttosport.

"However, we will go back home with many positive indications such as the win over Real Madrid, but not all.

"The team has shown excellent potential and with time they will get better."

Del Piero's penalty howler gave Villa the initiative, but Secco feels there is no point in dwelling on it.

"Del Piero was the first to be disappointed," added Secco.

"These things happen and we are sure he will know how to bounce back."

Clicky

ha-ha.jpg