Peace Cup: Juventus - 2009/08/02 Reactions and Ratings

AVFC-Prideofbrum

To be fair they battered us in the 2nd half but we hung in there and Big Bradley would have saved cannon balls! Easily player of the tournament. Del Piero's penatly was absolutely horrific. Even if Guzan had have dived left or right he still would have been able to pick himself up, trot over to the centre of the goal and kick it away!

Thought Del Piero gave us plenty to worry about as he is top quality still. What a **** muppet though!

I couldn't fit out the door going to work this morning cos of the wide grin on my face! :)

WELL DONE BOYS!!! YEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juve certainly dominated possession and chances Spawnsworth but the commentators made the valid point that at no point during the onslaught did we ever lose our shape and organisation. And that even though Villa weren't all first string players, they knew the system well and were so well drilled that there was no way through and then there was Brad when they did get a shot off. Big kudos to the management team for getting the squad to the point where you can just put a player into a system and he knows what to do straight away.

.... and to those who say Reo-Coker can't pass a ball. Apart from Albrighton's performances throughout the tournament, Reo-Coker's ball to the big toe of Lichaj in the area was the best pass I've seen from a Villan for a long time. It's just a shame Eric nearly decapitated Buffon in the process :)

Oh, almost forgot. You can all thank me for the Peace Cup Win last night. Right before the penalties started I placed quite a hefty live bet on Juventus winning it. Quite expensive in the long run, but usually does the trick.

Thought Ashley had his best game by a country mile in the final and probably won the Player of the Tournament on that performance alone.

Payers of the Tournament for me were the usual suspects, the ones everyone seems to be picking, Guzan, Cuéllar, NRC and Albrighton.

Oh, and a special mention to Lichaj as well, who I thought looked a little lost in the first few games, but could definitely walk away from the final with his head held high in my opinion. Generally a solid performance, a few mistakes and poor positioning as can be expected, but also some very good, important tackles, especially in the second half.

:cheers:

Oh, and a special mention to Lichaj as well, who quite frankly I thought looked a little lost in the first few games, but could definitely walk away from the final with his head held high in my opinion. Generally a solid performance, a few mistakes and poor positioning as can be expected, but also some very good, important tackles, especially in the second half.

:cheers:

Lichaj should keep a video of the match to show everyone how he had Alessandro Del Piero in his pocket! He stuck to his task incredibly well!