Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how it would be brilliant given how wealthy he is and in turn they would be.

all his non wrestling projects like bodybuilding, XFL and now movies have failed all miserably and from what i heard his wrestling company isnt making that much these days

• 9 months later...

Yeah, it seems like the shittiest PR move he could come up with. I can live with Sports Direct at St James' Park or something, but to completely remove the name the stadium has been known by for the past 120 years is going to upset the locals, isnt it?

to completely remove the name the stadium has been known by for the past 120 years is going to upset the locals, isnt it?

Upsetting the locals seems to be something of a hobby for him though.

The thing is you could almost understand it if it were bringing in a fair bit of money that could be used to bolster the team...but for free?

It wouldn't be so bad if he owned some premium brand either, I mean he couldn't of found a way to cheapen the stadium any more.

Just brilliant :lol:

Has already been said, but it's only a matter of time before we do the same. Everything is about revenue streams, nothing is about pride and history anymore (apart from fans remembering and goading the opposition with it). If a club can come up with a new stream for....well, nothing (bar a bit of contract negotation), they're going to do it.

This must have been on the cards for ages. It doesn't surprise me that Ashley has picked now - just before they play the big clubs as well, and might drop some places.

I assume he'll offset it so it will still generate money.

So because they've renamed the stadium, Sports Direct can cut their marketing budget by £x million, which will then go into the club instead.

I would assume that's the case (at least that's what I'd hope if we were in the same boat)

Wasn't it already called something stupid like "SportsDirect.com @ St James' Park"?

So because they've renamed the stadium, Sports Direct can cut their marketing budget by £x million, which will then go into the club instead.

From the little I know of this bloke I wouldn't say there would be too much pumped back into the club.

Living in the North East, and listening to the ridiculous stuff Geordies come out with, all I can say is, Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You've got to give it to Ashley though. How much would he have to pay to get pay to get Sports Direct on the front page of the Sun?! He's just got himself a free advert!

From the little I know of this bloke I wouldn't say there would be too much pumped back into the club.

I hate Mike Ashley.

However, I really don't think he's been as bad as people make out, especially recently.

This won't be a popular move, but I'd be very surprised if he's not going to put money into the club as a result.

Â