2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

Seen something earlier that suggested chump league winner gets £100m and runner up gets £60m are these correct figures?

wouldnt be surprised, im sure id read arsenal had made £40m from it this year, thats why i want barca to win

the press love the english team in the final without stopping the big 4 rim job long enough to realise how shit it makes the prem for everyone else

The two greatest teams in the world by far - so this is a final in every sense of the word.

Will be very interesting to watch, perhaps not as gung ho as everyone thinks it will be.

It will be extremely tense and the pace of the ball will be as high as it gets!

People regard United as favs because of Barca's inability to play as a real team and they have

also played four games against Chelsea/United the last year without being convincing scoring

just once. However, will things turn out the way we think it will? It never does in these matches!

Expect a penalty shootout and United to lose this time ;)

If I was betting I would toss 1-0 and Vidic to score on a late header, in terms of value that is...

The two greatest teams in the world by far - so this is a final in every sense of the word.

But Aston Villa FC are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I fancy United to nick it. I think Barcelona are a better footballing side, but Manchester United are better at shutting the game down and I think they will do that. I couldnt think of anything worse than a game like this being dull and being won by a header from a corner, but that is what I fear will happen.

I hope its a classic, but these games never are. :(

Suprised how many people want Barca to win it.

Man United to me are the only team I don't mind in the top 4. Perhaps Chelsea aswell.

If you don't support them you should hate them, How can you "not mind" them?

Imagine the collective smugness of Ferguson, CRonaldo and the fans if they win? :puke:

I hope they lose 24-0.

Villa aren't playing, right?

I'm not interested, then.

That's a very blinkered view of football, IMO Levi.

I can see why you wouldn't be AS intersted, but to say you have NO interest in a game if Villa aren't involved seems unduly blinkered.

How do you get a wider sense of world, european and premier league football and various clubs merits and the strengths of different players if you only ever watch Villa?

I'm with Levi.......in fact I'm going out on the beer in a bit and if it wasn't on telly in the pub I wouldn't be that bothered to miss it

I've got nothing better to do this afternoon... at least ESPN will be having the Bottom Line going so I can track today's businessman's specials from Baltimore, Kansas City, and Colorado (hoping the Orioles can upset Halladay and the Blue Jays, while Porcello's Tigers beat the Royals and the Dodgers upset the Rockies)...

Scariest **** words in the English language: "Tommy Smyth has the call"

Just heard that Messi, the greatest player that has ever lived, has scored a tremendous 0 goals vs English opposition in 10 games, yet the odds in the paper today of him scoring first were 7/1 :?

Suprised how many people want Barca to win it.

Man United to me are the only team I don't mind in the top 4. Perhaps Chelsea aswell.

If you don't support them you should hate them, How can you "not mind" them?

Imagine the collective smugness of Ferguson, CRonaldo and the fans if they win? :puke:

I hope they lose 24-0.

The better United do, the better Villa's coefficient is, and the more favorable a draw we get in the Europa League.

A United win (in regular time... I think UEFA coefficients are only based on 90 minutes) will add 0.2 * (2/9) or .044 points to our UEFA coefficient.

The better United do, the better Villa's coefficient is, and the more favorable a draw we get in the Europa League.

A United win (in regular time... I think UEFA coefficients are only based on 90 minutes) will add 0.2 * (2/9) or .044 points to our UEFA coefficient.

Fascinating

Jesus Christ... if they're going to run the same **** Sony and Heineken spots over and over again during CL broadcasts, I hope Villa never finish top 4!

Sony ad that makes no **** sense (:15)

Shot of Utd and Barca players in the tunnel with one line from Derek Rae (:15)

Heineken ad that's already making me look for something sharp to slit my wrists (:15)

This is worse than the half-hour before the Super Bowl as far as spot loads go...

Move to England. We have less adverts here.

Anyway, I hope my prediction of a dull game is wrong. I cant see Man U wanting to try and outpass Barca though.

****... I tweak my sound configuration and I can no longer mute the TV... there goes playing with cache settings so that the radio broadcast syncs with the TV... I have to listen to Mr. Onion Bag himself.

Â