2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

I think Barça may feel the absence of Alves and Abidal rather more than Newton Heath will miss Fletcher. Both teams have been playing their reserves lately and Barça have lost their last two games. Henry and Iniesta will be available. And Iniesta has been shit hot all season. The head says United but not the heart.

Well, its the morning of the Champions League final and I just can't fall asleep. I'm already too nervous and hyped up about tonights game.

Why can't the next few hours go past quickly? :(

I'm actually quite looking forward to this one alot to be honest. Surprised it's not been, or at least doesn't seem, as hyped up as finals in recent years.

By the way, you're pleasently tolerable for a United fan Stretford. :P

I'll be cheering on Barca but I'm sort of expecting United to do it.

Flip that over4, and you have my view.

I want United to win, and think they should, football wise, given the relative strengths of the available first 11's.

But i just think barca may get lucky. I think they're name might be on it. Hope not.

One of the few occassions i can bring myself to "support" united .....

Villa aren't playing, right?

I'm not interested, then.

That's a very blinkered view of football, IMO Levi.

I can see why you wouldn't be AS intersted, but to say you have NO interest in a game if Villa aren't involved seems unduly blinkered.

How do you get a wider sense of world, european and premier league football and various clubs merits and the strengths of different players if you only ever watch Villa?

Voting is at exactly 50-50 at the moment (or 29-29 to be more precise)

Would love a goalfest tonight but can't help but think we're in for a game like their semifinal last year. 1-0.

Manchester United fan stabbed in Rome

A Manchester United fan has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Rome ahead of the Champions League final between Manchester United and Barcelona.

Italian police said that a British man was admitted to the Santo Spirito hospital with an injury to his left thigh in the early hours of this morning.

Marcello Cardona, a Rome police official, said the man reported he was attacked near his hotel close to the Vatican by four people. The fan's injuries were described as 'not serious' and he has subsequently been released from hospital. Police are investigating the attack.

Just the first?

The Times

A Manchester United fan has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Rome ahead of the Champions League final between Manchester United and Barcelona.

Italian police said that a British man was admitted to the Santo Spirito hospital with an injury to his left thigh in the early hours of this morning.

Marcello Cardona, a Rome police official, said the man reported he was attacked near his hotel close to the Vatican by four people. The fan's injuries were described as 'not serious' and he has subsequently been released from hospital. Police are investigating the attack.

Just the first?

The Times

What's the betting he got stabbed in the bum?

Just the first?

The Times

What's the betting he got stabbed in the bum?

Not very high considering he got stabed in the left thigh.

Â