2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

Villa aren't playing, right?

I'm not interested, then.

That's a very blinkered view of football, IMO Levi.

I can see why you wouldn't be AS intersted, but to say you have NO interest in a game if Villa aren't involved seems unduly blinkered.

How do you get a wider sense of world, european and premier league football and various clubs merits and the strengths of different players if you only ever watch Villa?

I'm with Levi.......in fact I'm going out on the beer in a bit and if it wasn't on telly in the pub I wouldn't be that bothered to miss it

Oh well I know the Ultra's always aim to stab non-fatally and many victims get it in the bum. :)

Well, maybe that's what they were aiming for haha. Whay exactly is the Ultras aim? Do they just stab people for fits n giggles or do they have some screwed up political aim?

we were just talking about the final in the office, a wolves fan thinking they'd be there soon, the stabbing in the bum, and a baggies fan suggesting that wolves fans were already used to being stabbed in the bum...

anyway i just read shaun custis' peice on how ronaldo is miles better than messi, utter bollocks that strangely went against a few of the stats that he posted

another reason i hope barca win, stop the ronaldo/manu/english football love fest

Villa aren't playing, right?

I'm not interested, then.

That's a very blinkered view of football, IMO Levi.

I can see why you wouldn't be AS intersted, but to say you have NO interest in a game if Villa aren't involved seems unduly blinkered.

How do you get a wider sense of world, european and premier league football and various clubs merits and the strengths of different players if you only ever watch Villa?

I'm with Levi.......in fact I'm going out on the beer in a bit and if it wasn't on telly in the pub I wouldn't be that bothered to miss it

I will be giving it a miss. I'll probably watch The Apprentice or something else. I have no interest in perpetuating the money mountain that these same clubs enjoy every year. If in future other teams get chances in it, then the competition may become interesting again and I''ll start watching again.

Also, why has the Beeb got a live text of the build up to the game? Who cares what is happening 6 hours before the game.

United fans do, seemingly ......

Tons of them already here outside old trafford.

There were massive queues to get in the wetherspoon boozer here at 12am.

12 feckin am, a full 7 hours 45 minutes before kick off.

the game's in Rome, fellas ..... :shock:

Oh well I know the Ultra's always aim to stab non-fatally and many victims get it in the bum. :)

Well, maybe that's what they were aiming for haha. Whay exactly is the Ultras aim? Do they just stab people for fits n giggles or do they have some screwed up political aim?

I believe it is something of a marking of teritory and something to remember them by.

A bit like the old congratulations you've met the ICF thing that West Ham fans used to do.

Most of them have a screwed up political aim when they're stabbing each other at least. Most of the worst violence between ultra groups comes when communist ultra groups (e.g. Roma, Milan) come into contact with neofascist ultra groups (e.g. Lazio, Internazionale).

Anyway, I'm off to the pub shortly. Enjoy the 2009 UEFA Champions League Final.

I'll probably watch it. For last year's Final I was invited out by 2 friends who couldn't give a shit about football. "Let's all meet up and go to a bar and watch it." All I can remember is the penalty shoot out. One friend sat with his back to the screen throughout the match. Every time I tried to watch he started asking me loads of questions. I couldn't concentrate.

This year I've received the same message from the same friends. Oh no, never again. I only normally use txtspk when I'm pissed off. My reply reads:

"Haf 2 b up v v erly am & wot wiv da pills im on cant go out tonite... Sum ova ECL final huh?"

Puyol at RB? Iniesta & Henry coming back & probably not match fit? Got to be Manure. Hope not though. Please not 0-0, extra time & penalties.

Â