• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument between Jason Cundy and Graham Hunter on SSN is cringeworthy. Did Cundy even play in the Champions League? How on earth did he become a pundit?

What's being said?

They got a weeee bit pissed me thinks.

reckon they will try and sign one of our mods in the transfer window ? reading that site they sure need some :-)

I guess if you know central London reasonably well then you might have an idea of how close the Landmark Hotel is to Marylebone Station. If you dont, they are essentially part of the same structure, as the Landmark used to be Great Central house, headquarters of British Rail. The main entrances of the two buildings are directly opposite each other and they share a rather nice looking cast iron awning type structure.

Anyway, the Landmark is widely regarded as the best hotel in London and its pretty much the only thing we can see when we look out of the window of our staff room. The Manchester United team stayed there last night.

2irvlm0.jpg

The footballer of the year, this morning.

They were going back up north as I was on my coffee break. A lot of the players nipped from the hotel to use some of the shops inside the station (like I said, it is literally a stones throw.)

One of the lads I work with (Aylesbury born and bred, so obviously a Manchester United fan) was in the queue for the coffee shop behind Rio Ferdinand. He said well done and wished United good luck for the league and the Champions League and Rio decided to pay for his coffee. Top man.

.... maybe it wasn't just football related , very sad news if it was

An Arsenal fan has hanged himself after his team lost 3-1 to Manchester United in the Champions League Semi Final last night.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan from Nairobi was found dead at his home just hours after his heroes slumped out of the coveted competition.

Police confirmed football-mad Mr Omondi was wearing his Arsenal shirt when he took his own life.

Mr Omondi's friend Calvin Otieno said: "We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal were defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying."

Football related tragedies are frequent in Kenya, where English clubs enjoy a passionate following among the locals.

European games, in particular the UEFA Champions League, attract more attention than national and continental fixtures.

For many Arsenal fans, the tie was a chance to salvage a disappointing season.

It has been four years since the Gunners won a domestic or European trophy.

Arsenal's chances of reaching their second European final in four years effectively came to an end after just ten minutes.

Cristiano Ronaldo's 11th minute strike meant the Gunners needed to score four goals.

source:news.sky.com

Sad, but it's important to mention that he was a gobshite if they were his reasons.

I don't think someone who has committed suicide should be called a gobshite, whatever the reason they did it.

Sad, but it's important to mention that he was a gobshite if they were his reasons.

I don't think someone who has committed suicide should be called a gobshite, whatever the reason they did it.

No you're right, they should be called a coward.....

No you're right, they should be called a coward.....

Meet in the middle, a cowshite?

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I have never understood how people can say suicide is cowerdly. Surely our greatest fear in life is a fear of dieing. Fear of ghosts/spiders/snakes or whatever all come back to the fact that we are afraid of being killed.

To actually be able to overcome that fear to kill yourself must take some bravery, you'd have to be in a pretty messed up state of mind to get past it but cowerdice doesnt come into it IMO.

I feel sorry for that Arsenal fan. RIP from the Red Army. :(

Anyway, onto tonights game. I want Barcelona to win because playing them in Rome would be a dream final. With all the verbal wanking that the press are doing over this Barcelona side, apparantly ignoring the fact that the standard of defending in La Liga is only slightly worse than Sunday league, I would love it if we beat them. What better chance to shut the press and the ABUs up once and for all.

Â