• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh at the match thread over on Arsenal mania. When Fletcher was sent off, they were all over the moon that he would be missing the final. Not a single hint of irony that the whole Arsenal squad would be missing the final.

:clap:

I hope you pointed this out.

Would have, but you have to sign up and I think you're initially on trial in a baby forum before they let you post for real.

I had to laugh at the match thread over on Arsenal mania. When Fletcher was sent off, they were all over the moon that he would be missing the final. Not a single hint of irony that the whole Arsenal squad would be missing the final.

:clap:

I hope you pointed this out.

Would have, but you have to sign up and I think you're initially on trial in a baby forum before they let you post for real.

I just went and did it anyway ;-)

So no chance of an appeal at all. How shit is that. Did he play in the final last year? I can't remember :?

No. He was on the bench last year, and was not substituted on.

I'm absolutely gutted for Darren, for a player who has contributed so much to getting his team to the biggest match in world football and not be allowed to play in it, is a disgrace. The poor lad may never get another chance to play in a European Cup final now in his career, and after the excellent season he has had this year, it's just not right.

And as for the no appeals thing? Absolute Bullshit on UEFA's part. Horrible ending to an otherwise amazing night.

So no chance of an appeal at all. How shit is that. Did he play in the final last year? I can't remember :?

No. He was on the bench last year, and was not substituted on.

I'm absolutely gutted for Darren, for a player who has contributed so much to getting his team to the biggest match in world football and not be allowed to play in it, is a disgrace. The poor lad may never get another chance to play in a European Cup final now in his career, and after the excellent season he has had this year, it's just not right.

And as for the no appeals thing? Absolute Bullshit on UEFA's part. Horrible ending to an otherwise amazing night.

Credit to the guy though, he kept his composure and didnt start crying on the telly. If he stays at Man Ure he will get another chance hopefully.

another shit CL game, been a piss poor comp this year IMO

arsenal were outclassed in just about every position, only nasri shone

The CL has been excellent this year. United-Porto at OT, Chelsea-Liverpool (both games), United-Arsenal (both games), Lyon-Barca, Bayern-Barca and Sporting-Bayern were all fantastic games

The only dissapointing big game so far is Chelsea-Barca.

really? other than chelsea vs liverpool and manu vs porto i think its been average and shockingly predictable

tonights game wasnt a good game IMO, it was pointless after 15 mins

It may be predictable, but the actual technical quality of the play is higher than it is in the premiership or, well actually, most places. :D

Besides sometimes predictable is good, like the Bayern-Sporting one ... it was so impressive to watch for the spectacle of it because Bayern were so good and Sporting were utterly destroyed.

I can't believe how poor Walcott was last night. Not sure if that's a slight on Walcott or credit to Evra - but I hardly realised he was playing until he was subbed off.

Fabregas had just about the worst game I've seen from him - again, probably credit to Carrick and Fletcher (who I feel REALLY sorry for) more than an insult to Fabregas.

Feel sorry for Gibbs, was their best player in the first match but one little slip and it's punished at that level. It clearly affected him too, otherwise I don't think Wenger would have subbed him off to pot Eboue at left back.. he must have realised Gibbs had let his head drop and wasn't concentrating.

Adabeyor wsas wank. van Persie had moments but was generally quite quiet.

Nasri was pretty good but had no help at all really from the rest of him team.

On the other hand, Rooney and Ronaldo were just sensational. Their movement was sublime and Arsenal just couldn't keep up with them. OK, the first 2 goals were lucky as both were individual mistakes but even if they had not gone in Man Utd would have been relentless and still would have torn Arsenal apart.

did anyone see the clip on sky news..showing Fergie's long chat with Capello and then 'brief' hello to Beckham and David looking a little astonished and discarded?

Very funny..

It seems that the public want what the public get as far as Arsenal's support is concerned. They were in perfect harmony with the lifeless performance of the players out on the pitch. They were shocking tonight, totally failing to get behind their team when they most needed them. Culminating in a mass walk out just after the hour as United's 3rd went in. They've been on a tremendous unbeaten run in the league since November as we are all so acutely aware and have done very well to reach the semis of the CL given their injury problems.

Decent supporters would have accepted that they came up against a far stronger team both physically and financially than them and showed their appreciation for the job Wenger has done. Instead they turned their backs. Very poor indeed.

Â