The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Basket of Light reminds me of the radiogram in my childhood lounge.

Classic album. They played Light Flight as an encore last night, but it felt like it was a just as a duty to do the Greatest Hit. 

• Like 1

Bruce Springsteen played a fairly extensive UK stadium tour this year, I find it odd that he is playing stadiums over here again next year. Seems weird to have a stadium artist visit 2 years in a row. Possible Glastonbury appearance and decided to make it worth his while, possibly. 

Reminded my wife that we are going to, and daughter that she is picking us up from, a local country music night on Friday, It went down very poorly with both of them. Basically a country music covers singer with a quick fire competition in-between his sets. I love this shit and very excited to be going. 

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Reminded my wife that we are going to, and daughter that she is picking us up from, a local country music night on Friday, It went down very poorly with both of them. Basically a country music covers singer with a quick fire competition in-between his sets. I love this shit and very excited to be going. 

If you haven't read this, you really must: 

Screenshot_2023-11-01-20-18-42-86_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Glastonbury ticket sales delayed by 2 weeks  due to technical problems 

The technical problems being that people haven't updated their registration so they've deleted their records. This is despite receiving about 20 emails over the last few months about it! Absolutely ridiculous. 

couple of my mates hadn't seen them before so wanted to get Echo and the Bunnymen at the roundhouse tickets this morning  ..on sale at 10:00 

I was in the website literally as it changed to coming soon to on sale now , no waiting room or any other shenanigans  , straight in and completely sold out 

tried a few other ticket sites and also sold out  ..it is what it is but  , come on  , sold out in 2 seconds , really ! 

Edit - went directly to the Roundhouse website and got 4  .. reckon it must be an admin thing as Tickemaster and co still saying none available 

Edited by tonyh29

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

couple of my mates hadn't seen them before so wanted to get Echo and the Buunymen at the roundhouse tickets this morning  ..on sale at 10:00 

I was in the website literally as it changed to coming soon to on sale now , no waiting room or any other shenanigans  , straight in and completely sold out 

tried a few other ticket sites and also sold out  ..it is what it is but  , come on  , sold out in 2 seconds , really ! 

IMO and as someone who has seen them over 100 times from the back rooms of pubs to Arena shows since the 80s to a few years ago they aren't worth seeing anymore. Will and Mac don't even speak to each other. Will's attitude is that "it's a job", I also believe that the last time they recorded a session, Mac refused to do any of Will's stuff so WIll just turns up when required does his thing, and buggers off. Mac has turned into a coke-addled arsehole and he has to be managed carefully. If he's on form these days, you're lucky

1 minute ago, bickster said:

IMO and as someone who has seen them over 100 times from the back rooms of pubs to Arena shows since the 80s to a few years ago they aren't worth seeing anymore. Will and Mac don't even speak to each other. Will's attitude is that "it's a job", I also believe that the last time they recorded a session, Mac refused to do any of Will's stuff so WIll just turns up when required does his thing, and buggers off. Mac has turned into a coke-addled arsehole and he has to be managed carefully. If he's on form these days, you're lucky

I saw them in 2012 they were decent back then  , but another mate said they were pretty average at isle of Wight last year 

hopefully for a Uk tour they will make some effort to get along  :) 

On 01/11/2023 at 16:38, Seat68 said:

Bruce Springsteen played a fairly extensive UK stadium tour this year, I find it odd that he is playing stadiums over here again next year. Seems weird to have a stadium artist visit 2 years in a row. Possible Glastonbury appearance and decided to make it worth his while, possibly. 

Springsteen tickets at Wembley

£135 standing and up to £180 seated 

think we have your answer 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Only two 3 this month, Make Them Suffer, Atreyu, and then Lorna Shore.

Make Them Suffer is at the Xoyo (used to be the Mill), never been there before, what's it like as a venue for sound, parking access, etc? 

Then I've got 6 in December :D 

Edited by Davkaus

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Only two 3 this month, Make Them Suffer, Atreyu, and then Lorna Shore.

Make Them Suffer is at the Xoyo (used to be the Mill), never been there before, what's it like as a venue for sound, parking access, etc? 

Then I've got 6 in December :D 

The Mill was alright, a bit rough and ready mind; no idea what it’s like as Xoyo and whether it’s changed or not. Parking wise there’s on street parking around digbeth but there’s a relatively big car park right opposite which is alright but you’ll be paying £5-7 for the evening. Think it’s through Ring go if you want to check prices.

Was out at Employed To Serve with Pupil Slicer supporting who were both great. They also had Going Off as an opening act who are a hardcore act signed to church road records (Justine and Sammy from Employed To Serve label following Holy Roar’s collapse). They were alright, but had one particular twit in the crowd who was knocking peoples beers out of their hands and for some reason that was not being taken too kindly…

Going to Lorna Shore as well at the end of the month but got Empire State B*stard (Simon from Biffy Clyro heavy side project with the touring guitarist as well) next Friday which will be pretty sweet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was out at Employed To Serve with Pupil Slicer supporting who were both great. They also had Going Off as an opening act who are a hardcore act signed to church road records (Justine and Sammy from Employed To Serve label following Holy Roar’s collapse). They were alright, but had one particular twit in the crowd who was knocking peoples beers out of their hands and for some reason that was not being taken too kindly…

I went to see that lot in Nottingham and had a cracking time. Was only there for Pupil Slicer tbh, never really quite got ETS tbh, but it was a very fun gig.

Think I may end up missing MTS on Tuesday as I put my back out a couple of days ago, hoping for a recovery but it's pushing it a bit based on how shit I feel.

Absolutely hyped for Lorna Shore, coming over to Brum again to see them, it'll be the third time I've seen them this year, but the first time I've seen a full set rather than an opener/festival slot, it's been absolute chaos on the previous occasions so I can't wait

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I went to see that lot in Nottingham and had a cracking time. Was only there for Pupil Slicer tbh, never really quite got ETS tbh, but it was a very fun gig.

Think I may end up missing MTS on Tuesday as I put my back out a couple of days ago, hoping for a recovery but it's pushing it a bit based on how shit I feel.

Absolutely hyped for Lorna Shore, coming over to Brum again to see them, it'll be the third time I've seen them this year, but the first time I've seen a full set rather than an opener/festival slot, it's been absolute chaos on the previous occasions so I can't wait

Weirdly had pulled my back last Saturday and was pushing it for the gig on Tuesday. Made it OK but was feeling it at the end.

Lorna Shore were never really on my radar until I was reading the reviews of Pain Remain and gave that a whirl which impressed me a lot!

Got myself and mates on the guest list for Alabama 3 next month, never seen a bunch of middle aged blokes so buzzin for a gig!

Stems from a few months ago where we were chatting shit about them on that terrible twitter and they dipped in the conversation and invited us.

Just had a message reminding us we’re on the list and asking what I thought of the album. What a **** bunch of degenerate heroes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Got myself and mates on the guest list for Alabama 3 next month, never seen a bunch of middle aged blokes so buzzin for a gig!

Stems from a few months ago where we were chatting shit about them on that terrible twitter and they dipped in the conversation and invited us.

Just had a message reminding us we’re on the list and asking what I thought of the album. What a **** bunch of degenerate heroes.

There's an article about them in Rolling Stone, which I read on my iPad this morning. A link would be useless unless you've got the apple news app and (probably) a subscription, but I'm sure there's a way...

• Like 1

Â