The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Ah, Biffy. From jerky brilliance to stadium yawnfests in 4 albums. Only seen them once live, thankfully pre-Puzzle *shudder*, very entertaining but I wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick these days. Which **** me right off, as Vertigo Of Bliss was a stonker. :rant:

Yup, Vertigo of Bliss is a great album. I prefer their older stuff, but don't mind most of the more recent material.

They have said that they'd be returning to a more stripped-back sound when they start making their next album. I won't hold my breath, though. I remember when Kings of Leon made such claims before releasing the abomination that was 'Come Around Sundown'.

• 1 month later...

Firstly - couldn't find this thread without a search as all the posts are dated April 21 2009 :wacko:

Anyway, we got seats for Fleetwood mac yesterday, and this ticks three important boxes.

1. See legendary band before they quit (again);

2. See most under rated and awesome guitarist alive;

3. See hottest GILF on planet

saw delray rockets last week, a rockabilly band, then the day after that saw a plethora of local bands, the best being Inertia from stafford. Next up Tim Mcgraw et al at the o2 unless something pops up this month.

Bicks went as the bootleg Mark Chapman

You mite want to tell bicks that a band called half man half biscuit have already beaten him to it ;-)

Are you going as the bootleg Mark Chapman?

[HMHB hat tip]

bit late on that one old chap

Actually...

oh yeah I have got the bootleg beatles in december as well at the NIA

I'm going to that as well...as the bootleg Mark Chapman.

(Copyright HMHB)

They both were :P

Oh and back On Topic, I went to see High on Fire at the o2 last Friday and they were pretty damned awesome.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs down the years but these guys were by far the loudest band i've ever heard. Ear-bleedingly good.

• Like 1

Oh and back On Topic, I went to see High on Fire at the o2 last Friday and they were pretty damned awesome.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs down the years but these guys were by far the loudest band i've ever heard. Ear-bleedingly good.

Bennet, at wolves civic supporting echobelly, easily the loudest band I have seen over the course of many gigs taking in metal to country.

Morning Glory (NYC punx, not an oasis tribute band :D) for me in March/April. They start their Euro tour in England, go out to the mainland, and then come back. Sorry hope to see em twice.

In the loudness stakes, my top is White Mice. Saw them in the basement of a book shop in Liverpool. They would've been **** loud anyway, but with sound having nowhere to go in those close quarters...good god. I blame the occasional ringing in my ears on that show ^_^

Toss-up for the loudest band I ever heard is between Cheap Trick and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9N2ZUxxgQ.

Both bands at Leeds Poly (now Leeds Metropolitan University).

And bear in mind I've stood on stage with the Keith Moon lineup of The Who. Those two were considerably louder.

Matt Pike is an absolute colossus! Been listening to a fair bit of Sleep stuff of late, and it's heavier than King Kong's dick! 

My mate went to see them (High On Fire) in Manchester, said how amazing they were. I've just had to dig his Facebook status out, to do it justice. Copy & pasted:

"The most wrecked gig ive been to in years shame is its somehow turned into a weird titty bar, with only men ... The stench of overworked marriages, non existent sex lives and lacklustre jobs overwhelms, testosterone high, on a plus this is **** brutal ... High on fire destroy, manly as ****" 

Edited by dAVe80

Off to see The Who in Brum in June

No idea why really , not a huge fan , but there are 8 of us going and we are having 2 nights on the razz in Brum as well... Ahhh yeah that will be why I'm going

loudest band I've seen?

Well Primal Scream in Maida Vale a couple of months ago was up there, probably because it was  such a small room. In similar style, I saw Super Furries in the indoor market in Brecon a while back and that was full on punch in the chest loud. You could feel every bass note pass through your body.

Back when I was a kiddie I went to see a band called Big Sound Authority, they weren't great, but I couldn't hear for 24 hours.

Â