Confidence gauge : Result v Chel$ki

BOF

Pick a result  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a result

• Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chel$ki win

Chelsea win for me. They are a better team than us (and that doesn't make me less of a Villa fan for saying it), thats fairly clear to me, they have simply stuggled under a manager who lost the plot from the word go, however saying that they are still a very good side, and have a bit more about them than us. Had Scolari not kicked the bucket, I'd have more confidence in this match because it was pretty clear morale was taking a dive in the Chelsea ranks and they were becoming a bit headless. However, they've now got Hiddinkl, who's a great manager and of course there'll be the typical 'New manager syndrome'.

I think we're going to lose this one, and it'll be no great disgrace. It'll certainly make things a bit harder for us, but that's what we're gonna have to deal with. For what it's worth, I think this will the beginning of the point we start to wobble, a number of hard fixtures in quick succession making us lose our steam and our stride.

# ./masteroutput.sh | ./3waywrap.sh 38 1.30

CFC @ AVFC

CFC: 25.9 (1.231 points)	DRAW: 45.4	AVFC: 28.7 (1.315 points)

# ./masteroutput.sh | ./gamepredict.pl 38 1.30

CFC @ AVFC

CFC @ AVFC: AVFC -0.08, O/U 2.0, 52.6% of winning (1.04 - 0.96)

1-1

(the Villa with a 52.6% chance of winning bit is on a draw-no-bet basis)

Sorry to be pessimistic but i can see a big loss, i think the new manager thing will help chelski to a minimum 3.0 win, hope im wrong, my heart says villa win but my head says chelski win, and not only that i think this is where the wobble comes...can see a dramatic loss of form and luck coming.............still what a great season its been so far

remember what happened last time we played them as they had just changed manager? we mashed them up!!!!

still think we might struggle though 1-1

Last time we played them we lost 2-0.

Last time we played them at VP was just BEFORE Jose left.

All this pushing the ball around Chelsea do may well play into our hands with a fast break or two. Vividly remember our second goal against them last season. lightning attack, excellent finnish by Gabby after a fine cross from Young (having skipped over a portugese dfender who had been fouling him all afternoon).

Was more or less the end for the special one....

Zat Knight, first game, first goal.

Excellent stuff.

You never know, they could end up playing into our hands on this one.

When Hiddink was coach of the Socceroos, the first thing he did was make the Socceroos difficult to score against. He did the same with the Russian team, and I expect he has been doing the same in the past week with Chelski!

He will be hoping that we don't score early, and will wait until the 60min to bring on someone who can create something, (did the same with the Socceroos by bringing Cahill on fresh, late in the game, and worked well in the World Cup).

Whether he has had long enough to get the back 4/5 organised is another question, he does like his attack coming from his wing-backs, and I do think he may play a back 5 away from home with three central defenders or a sweeper.

Hiddink is a great motivator (similar to O'Neill), it really depends on whether the Chelski players really care, for Hiddink to get the appropriate reaction.

If we can score early, then I think we can put pressure on them and win, but the longer the game goes, and we don't score, Chelski will get some confidence up, and may just nick it.

Prediction 0-1 Chelski, and only because of our injuries, and two tough games already this week.

If i'm honest i think the best we can hope for is a draw ... but as anyone who plays I know the score can testify , i've been known to be wrong before

I think if we go for them from the off as we did agaisnt le Arse on Boxing day ... we stand a bloody good chance

Twating Drogba or Anleka early doors is the other key thing ..those 2 hate a scrap and go hiding when things get tough

If we can score early, then I think we can put pressure on them and win, but the longer the game goes, and we don't score, Chelski will get some confidence up, and may just nick it.

Interesting point this one as to me it is as much about our fans reaction to us not scoring or even going behind that could make a difference.

On Wednesday you could hear after 15minutes the displeasure with some of our passing coming through from the fans. Patience could well be the key for both players and fans.

Finnish Canal+ web site has this same poll at the moment. The current results after 378 votes are:

36.2% Villa

40.5% draw

23.3% Chelsea

Not that this really matters in any way, but it's an interesting comparison. Either outsiders have a lot more confidence in Villa (at least in Finland) or people are just more likely to choose who they want to win on the Canal+ site, while people here are voting more "honestly". Usually, you'd expect the fans to favour their team.

I went for a draw - can see it being 2-2!

On face value that would suit us as we'd stay above them, but with our difficult games coming up I'd say we need the 5 point cushion a win would give us. Still, this is a 'must not lose' for me and wouldn't argue with a point.

Chelsea 2 -1 I think. Game midweek & new manager effect + squad choice for the new guy....it's still an awesome set of players!.. If they play to 100 % we will struggle. Soz just the way i see it, hope I am wrong though. Saying that though tactics are important tommorrow, Chelsea need to go for it as they haved mouthed off about the league and we know what we will do. Looking forward to it.

Â