BOF

Pick a result  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a result

• Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chel$ki win

Chelsea win

Been a Villa fan way too long to believe in my heart of hearts that a loss at a crucial time doesnt turn into 2/3 losses.

I have always been positive about us being in a title race etc but I just feel we have not been playing well for sometime now (other than in very small patches) and a good team like Chelsea invogorated by the change of manager will just prove too strong for us.

The we will have to put up with the "told you it would never last" press.

Only thing is as well as Arse being capable of going on a winning streak I can equally see them tripping up as well. Hopefully they will trip up more than we will.

Sorry for the downer, I am going down the pub!

I believe Chelsea will win. First up is the problem of having played on Wednesday night. They will be much better rested and prepared for this game than we will be. Chelsea have a new coach, which I fear will make this pretty much as good a game as Chelsea will play this season. Morale will be only lifted for a short time as managerial uncertainty and ego problems will again erode confidence and team spirit in the Chelsea dressing room, but it will be lifted for this one crucial game.

Villa will be jaded they, Chelsea will be up for it, I can see us giving away a bad goal or two simply as a consequence of heavy legs.

The next 7 or 8 games are going to be so very hard, it will be a huge effort to come out of them with anything like the form we have going in. Not what I want to write, but I just don't see how such a small squad can maintain such a high energy game for so long. If we loose the energy we'll loose the game.

this could feck up our season if we get destroyed 3 or 4 nil.

We have to compete and play at a fast pace, its our only chance.

I think we'll lag late on and struggle to contain them, hope Carew doesnt play, hes garbage unless fit.

if we are going to win or even draw against Chelsea, we have to be more clinical in front of goal. We will not get more than 2 or 3 chances and we cannot afford glaring misses - against Wigan, Blackburn, Everton and CSKA - we have created hatfuls of chances and scored only 4 goals against, I would guess 20 good chances. An early goal would be nice too, to get them coming forward.

total agree with all that Rog, I have voted a win and put a tenner on it with Barry first goalscorer at 25-1 ...

:nod:

I we lose, will have fielding weaked teams in the cups have still been the right choice?

Have we fielded weakened teams in the cups lately?

Any result tomorrow win, lose or draw wouldn't be a surprise. 4 points from tomorrow and Stoke would do nicely.

If fielding weakened teams in earlier games meant we were fitter and better rested for the Chel$ki game then yes it was worth it. The fact we didn't end up getting 3pts is immaterial because the illusion that resting players guarantees you a win in the big game is stupid. The fact is it will have given us a better chance in the bigger game.

Â