The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Began to watch the abomination that is Magic Mike XXL (one of the wife's choices - honestly ;)) and fortunately, the Lovefilm disc was scratched to buggery so only had to endure the first 30 minutes or so....

I will confess to quite enjoying the first one though :blush:

Edited by theboyangel

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I quite liked Magic Mike :D

So you didn't  like deadpool but liked Magic Mike

at least that explains why you are Mrs BOF instead of BOF being Mrs Stevo ...

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

So you didn't  like deadpool but liked Magic Mike

at least that explains why you are Mrs BOF instead of BOF being Mrs Stevo ...

I did like Deadpool

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Also there's a new Warcraft trailer. It still looks bad.

It looks absolute tosh.

I had such high hopes with Bowie jnr attached and all the great lore they could take from but it just looks awful :(

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It looks absolute tosh.

I had such high hopes with Bowie jnr attached and all the great lore they could take from but it just looks awful :(

I don't know the lore, and just saw it as very derivative fantasy stuff. It really really looks it. The orcs just look silly, everything looks silly... The storyline looks like it's trying to do something worthy and err... It doesn't seem to be working. That's a flop in the making, and it's looked it from the start.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Also there's a new Warcraft trailer. It still looks bad.

after Southpark  , nothing to do with Warcraft can ever be taken seriously again

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't know the lore, and just saw it as very derivative fantasy stuff. It really really looks it. The orcs just look silly, everything looks silly... The storyline looks like it's trying to do something worthy and err... It doesn't seem to be working. That's a flop in the making, and it's looked it from the start.

Yep,  the lore behind it is vast and there's some brilliant storylines and characters to draw from, which just makes it worse that they've created something which looks so cookie cutter.

Maybe the final movie will be a little more worthy but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Designer1

The original Mortal Kombat isn't bad. It isn't particularly good either but it's not bad. I expect Warcraft to fall into a similar category, but because it's cost a couple of hundred million dollars and won't turn over enough to make a significant profit, it's going to be viewed as terrible.

Claims of big bad Hollywood whitewashing the Kusanagi role by casting Johansson, because of course Bollywood never casts Indian actors in its remakes, nor does Japan when it does them :lol:

Is it still set in Tokyo?

If it's being set in the US as part of the remake then there's nothing to moan about.

If it's still set in Tokyo then I can see the reasons behind the moans.

I always wanted them to make a Halo film. I think at one point they were and Peter Jackson was supposed to be directing it but it got canned for whatever reason, too bad :(

(To be fair, it would have probably sucked balls)

Oh interestingly after doing a bit of reading, Peter Jackson chose Neill Blomkamp to direct the Halo film, 6 months after working on it, the Halo project collapsed. Peter Jackson then let Blomkamp work on any other title he liked and he chose District 9. 

Edited by PieFacE

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is it still set in Tokyo?

If it's being set in the US as part of the remake then there's nothing to moan about.

If it's still set in Tokyo then I can see the reasons behind the moans.

I think the reasons behind the moan are fairly transparent.  People like to call racism whenever they possibly can.  Fact is Hollywood are making the film for an American audience and there shouldn't be one rule for Hollywood and one rule for everyone else. But there seems to be.  Twitterati at it again :) 

Â