The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Lovely bones has a low rating on RT the gf liked it I didnt its not a patch on the book, in the office today it seems like the hurt locker is getting some slumdog syndrome, jonny-come-latelys thinking it doesnt live up to the hype

I was so happy when The Hurt Locker beat Avatar in so many categories at the BAFTAS. It is vastly better than Avatar in my opinion (along with some other films). The only thing Avatar should win awards for is the effects and that's about it. I'm sure it will probably clean up at the Oscars though...

On the topic of the BAFTAS I was very happy that Carey Mulligan won best actress for her role in An Education. She was brilliant in that film and I still recommend it, even if it is only to see her performance.

On the topic of the BAFTAS I was very happy that Carey Mulligan won best actress for her role in An Education. She was brilliant in that film and I still recommend it, even if it is only to see her performance.

I was flicking through the channels and happened on the BAFTAs and a bloke I know from my local was in one of the clips for best British film. He was selling John Lennon his first guitar in "Nowhere Boy", the only screen time he had in the whole movie and its a BAFTA clip!

I was surprised Richard Todd wasn't mentioned in the list of dead movie people.

I agree she was good but like CF couldnt help but think we'd looked after our own

without doubt .. I suspect the oscars will see more ameircans winning

tbh the nominations for best bird and best male were very very weak .. but that's what happens when you get an awards that are bought rather than based on merit

I agree she was good but like CF couldnt help but think we'd looked after our own

without doubt .. I suspect the oscars will see more ameircans winning

tbh the nominations for best bird and best male were very very weak .. but that's what happens when you get an awards that are bought rather than based on merit

You could say this for some of them, however Carey Mulligan deserved it. I would say the Oscars is less based on merit in all honesty. I'm sure it will be proven what a joke the Oscars can be when Cameron wins best Director...

I'm sure it will be proven what a joke the Oscars can be when Cameron wins best Director...

Not really.

A joke would be someone like Paul W S Anderson or Michael Bay winning it.

At least Cameron tried to do something different and push the boundaries rightly or wrongly with a terrible script tried to do something which was different.

It wont be different for much longer but its invented things.

Is there something written that a best picture Oscar has to be perfect script, perfect performances, perfect everything?

How about an experience or tried to create an experience?

If it wins its because the Academy members thought that it was worth recognising, whilst you didn't feel that.

When Blade Runner first came out a film now recognised as brilliant and important and i'm assuming one of your favs, was ripped apart in similar ways to Avatar, look at it now.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen earlier. 5 out of 5. Class!

Is that a sick joke?

Wildly implausible tosh.

The film's entertainment value resides almost entirely in the ingenuity of Butler's modus operandi; but this is cancelled out by the film's underlying stupidity.

Relentlessly ugly, preposterous and hackneyed of dialogue

Arguably the most preposterous picture of the year.

Full of incoherent, spitting rage, ignorant, paranoid violence and a complete lack of internal logic.

That was just a handful!

Truly awful film, aimed at the brainless.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen earlier. 5 out of 5. Class!

Is that a sick joke?

Wildly implausible tosh.

The film's entertainment value resides almost entirely in the ingenuity of Butler's modus operandi; but this is cancelled out by the film's underlying stupidity.

Relentlessly ugly, preposterous and hackneyed of dialogue

Arguably the most preposterous picture of the year.

Full of incoherent, spitting rage, ignorant, paranoid violence and a complete lack of internal logic.

That was just a handful!

Truly awful film, aimed at the brainless.

Why would it be regarded as a 'sick' joke and why do you consider it shite? Because all the media does? Sad. Superb plot, Gerard Butler plays his role immensely.

Â