The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

was always bound to fail. why put so much money into a film and not have any star of any name recognition.

Some very good actors like Dominic West, Mark Strong, Ciaran Hinds and Bryan Cranston but nobody that would even make half that money back

FilmFour should have gone with The 7th Continent rather than Benny's Video last night to kick off the 'extreme' season. I kind of liked Benny's Video, but it loses it's way so dreadfully after about 2/3rds of the way through. The 7th Continent on the other hand is wonderfully slow paced, with just enough intrigue to keep it ticking over...and possible one of the best last 20/30 minutes of any film I've ever seen. Maybe not my favourite Haneke though, I think that'd be Code Unknown

First part of Herzog's docu was really great aswell btw.

Maybe not my favourite Haneke though, I think that'd be Code Unknown

He's done a fair few quality movies but the Piano Teacher edges it for me. Superbly twisted and Isabelle Huppert is just so bloody good.

First part of Herzog's docu was really great aswell btw.

I watched it and it was good but I didn't think it was fantastic. There were a couple of parts where he sounded quite insensitive when he was talking to the guy and making jokes. I don't think he intended anything nasty by it and the guy took it as a joke, it just seemed a bit unprofessional is all.

Personally I much prefer Louis Theroux.

I don't think he intended anything nasty by it and the guy took it as a joke, it just seemed a bit unprofessional is all.

Haha, like when he said he wouldnt be able to break him out even if he had a tank or a bazooka? That's just ol' Werner, the man can do no wrong in my eyes <3

Five day weekend for me, so I've been to see 'The Hunger Games' today. Pretty good for what it is, although parts of it were altered from the book for no apparent reason. On the whole though it was a decent adaptation.

If you like the book then you'll probably like the film. Lawrence is decent in it (and stunning as always) and the film moves at a nice pace (despite being around 2:22 long). It is very much a film aimed at young teenagers, yet if you can get past that then you should find it rather enjoyable.

In other film news, I read yesterday that the release date for 'Pacific Rim' has been moved again. This time it has been pushed back to July 2013. It's too far away...

the visitor is on bbc2 tonight, after the review show. i haven't seen it myself, but i loved one of thomas mccarthy's other films, the station agent.

Brilliant, brilliant movie.

Richard Jenkins ftw.

Â