The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Its a completely different film

50 minutes longer it actually adds 3 dimensions to the characters involved and adds new characters not in the original which ties the plot together perfectly cant believe they released the original film in its state its so much of an improvement its hard to explain u have to watch it to see

I may have to watch it. But it has to be said I gave up on the original after about 20 minutes.

Also, I'm not sure I trust the opinion of somebody who likes Steven Seagal films. :winkold:

Finally got to see Toy Story 3 on DVD while visiting my aunt during the (lunar) new year. Almost cried (it was so touching), absolutely loved it.

Will DEFINITELY be getting copies of all three movies (can't believe I haven't bought any yet!) once I save up some money.

kingdom-of-heaven--the-directors-cut.jpg

Amazing film, THE DIRECTORS CUT i might add the original theatrical version they released is complete and utter gash i cant believe they didnt release this version as the original

Id put it up there with other historical greats such as Spartacus and Lawrence of arabia i think its that good

original was a decent film but not great.

Hopefully they cut Orlando Bloom from it ;)

kingdom-of-heaven--the-directors-cut.jpg

Amazing film, THE DIRECTORS CUT i might add the original theatrical version they released is complete and utter gash i cant believe they didnt release this version as the original

Id put it up there with other historical greats such as Spartacus and Lawrence of arabia i think its that good

That surprises me because, as you say, the original cut (I saw it at the cinema) was a terrible film.

That surprises me because, as you say, the original cut (I saw it at the cinema) was a terrible film.

The directors cut adds more meh, its a slight improvement.

Its still got Orlando Bloom in it though, who is one of the most terrible actors working today.

The directors cut adds more meh, its a slight improvement.

Its still got Orlando Bloom in it though, who is one of the most terrible actors working today.

You mean staring into the distance looking concerned to portray every emotion isn't good acting?!

Biutiful-Poster.jpg

Bardem is excellent in it and the film itself is rather good. Well worth a watch.

black_swan_ver7.jpg

I'm going to see this once again as I thought it was fantastic. Best directed film I have seen for a while. I hope it gets the Oscar nod for it as well as Aronofsky deserves to finally get some credit. Natalie Portman is amazing in it too. I didn't think she had it in her in all honesty...

06_42894_0_OnceUponATimeInAmerica.jpg

This is such a great film in my eyes from beginning to end. Be prepared for a long film that will take up an entire night though. I thought I would add this now as it has recently been released on Blu-Ray and the transfer is rather nice. If you haven't already seen it then I would highly recommend buying it, nevermind a rental or single viewing.

You mean staring into the distance looking concerned to portray every emotion isn't good acting?!

Err thats acting!

Orlando's full range...

Happy

orlando_bloom1_300_400.jpg

Sad

orlando-bloom.jpg

Confussed

Orlando-Bloom-Three-Musketeers.jpg

Annoyed

orland-bloom-pirates-caribbean-400a050107-300x300.jpg

Haha, that was my point! Every emotion he portrays is just that exact face you've posted, often staring into the distance. :D

I watched let me in the other night

not as good as the original

no where near as good as the book

the original chopped loads of stuff out of the book and the remake chopped loads of stuff out of the re-make

for all of the hype I would probably give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10

they have just hollywooded it up, hit girl was quite good in it though

Err thats acting!

Orlando's full range...

Happy

orlando_bloom1_300_400.jpg

Sad

orlando-bloom.jpg

Confussed

Orlando-Bloom-Three-Musketeers.jpg

Annoyed

orland-bloom-pirates-caribbean-400a050107-300x300.jpg

Haha, that was my point! Every emotion he portrays is just that exact face you've posted, often staring into the distance. :D

:lol: That WAS funny. Orlando Bloom is neither a favourite, nor someone I really dislike, but that's so true. :lol: Boring. But he worked in LOTR.

Â