The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just finished watching The Guest. Absolutely brilliant, like John Carpenter does 'A History Of Violence'. And that soundtrack, holy hell. Synthwavegasmic.

Welcome to the club, couldn't put my finger on it but it was a good film.

I would recommend it follows next if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

It's (Suicide Squad) got Cara Delevingne in it. I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes out with music wise.

cantbebotheredtogofindanotsureifseriousimage

To me she just seems like someone who got bored of modelling / being an it girl and decided to be an actress and be in lots of stuff

I don't find her that attractive either

He's got the mask on in a scene in the trailer too, but he also has it off in around 9 scenes

I think it's going to be hard not to compare it to guardians of the galaxy as that's effectively what they are doing, taking a bunch of characters hardly any of us know and throwing them all together, the first problem is they chose to tie it in to the dc universe with what's rumoured to be a flashback showing Harley Quinn with the joker and batman, this means that the film will straight away struggle to stand alone and will draw comparisons and criticisms because of the joker, GotG will in probably the avengers 4 tie in, but they'll establish them on their own first, 2nd problem is that they have that flashback, they are setting a back story for Quinn, based on the trailer they also have flashbacks for deadshot and enchantress, there's at least 9 characters in the squad, they can't be doing flashbacks and set up for all 9 of them, which means that some will feel underdeveloped and obviously fodder, guardians managed to get a perfect amount of back story in to each character without showing you any of it, then there is the overall tone, I think this will be a 12a, needs to be at least a 15 IMO take a leaf out of marvels book with deadpool and make a violent sweary film for an adult audience

Edited by villa4europe

I think that's a good trailer for.suicide squad. Makes me want to see it.

Kind of annoys me all these constant different versions of the same characters though.

Suicide Squad trailer was decent. I love Harley as a character and Margot Robbie in general, so that's a perfect match. BvS trailer was good, but then the Man of Steel trailer was good too. Superman is too shit and boring, so if this focuses too much on him, it will be bad.

Deadpool should be fun, I like the shot at Green Lantern in the leaked footage. X-Men movies have been getting better, hopefully this doesn't disappoint. Sansa Stark will most likely be terrible in it, I dread to think how bad her American accent will be.

It's (Suicide Squad) got Cara Delevingne in it. I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes out with music wise.

cantbebotheredtogofindanotsureifseriousimage

To me she just seems like someone who got bored of modelling / being an it girl and decided to be an actress and be in lots of stuff

I don't find her that attractive either

Yes I'm serious. I'm aware that it might not be very good, but am curious to see what sound she comes up with. Might be a while away yet though. Seems like she's concentrating on her acting career.

Suicide Squad trailer was decent. I love Harley as a character and Margot Robbie in general, so that's a perfect match. BvS trailer was good, but then the Man of Steel trailer was good too. Superman is too shit and boring, so if this focuses too much on him, it will be bad.

Deadpool should be fun, I like the shot at Green Lantern in the leaked footage. X-Men movies have been getting better, hopefully this doesn't disappoint. Sansa Stark will most likely be terrible in it, I dread to think how bad her American accent will be.

Margot Robbie should be a good Harley. Unfortunately what we've seen so far is not Harley, IMO. It's just a random crazy suicide girl.

The Suicide Squad stuff just seems so try hard gritty and'dark' it comes off terribly, and that Joker... Christ.

I'm willing to bet Deadpool is poor as well. He's a very divisive character, and veers between funny and irritating at will even if you like the character. Even just the descriptions of the trailer suggest they've turned the Deadpool-ness up to 11 and already some of it is really missing it's mark IMO.

Apocalypse looks like it might be OK but having seen the rough trailer, the character of Apocalypse looks stupid in this world already. It'll be alright but in willing to bet ouit'sts the weakest entry in the series.

Whilst we're whinging about comic book movies, Fantastic 4 is out in less than a month, and no one cares, looks particularly crap, and they've literally just binned the 3d version, which bodes well...

I had a dream last night that they released a trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie.

In it, you saw the ghostbuster car pull up. But it wasn't a proper car, it was a clown car. Tiny little thing. Then the four ghostbusters got out and lined up like they are in that picture earlier in the thread.

VT lost their shit.

[/random]

He's got the mask on in a scene in the trailer too, but he also has it off in around 9 scenesI think it's going to be hard not to compare it to guardians of the galaxy as that's effectively what they are doing, taking a bunch of characters hardly any of us know and throwing them all together, the first problem is they chose to tie it in to the dc universe with what's rumoured to be a flashback showing Harley Quinn with the joker and batman, this means that the film will straight away struggle to stand alone and will draw comparisons and criticisms because of the joker, GotG will in probably the avengers 4 tie in.......

Wait, so the joker is only going to appear for brief moments in Quinn's flashbacks and not actually play a proper part in the film?

Finally got round to seeing Jurassic World tonight and I loved every second of it.

Big, dumb, enormous fun. Every bit as good as the original JP and there were some truly brilliant scenes. The stuff with the raptors was cool and different if a little far fetched but c'mon, it's a film about a dinosaur theme park.

Plus a role for Katie 'Morgana from BBC's Merlin' McGrath. Drool.

Great fun and its part of what going to the cinema is all about to me, the sheer fun and entertainment.

9/10 :)

Edited by Ingram85

Margot Robbie should be a good Harley. Unfortunately what we've seen so far is not Harley, IMO. It's just a random crazy suicide girl.

The Suicide Squad stuff just seems so try hard gritty and'dark' it comes off terribly, and that Joker... Christ.

I'm willing to bet Deadpool is poor as well. He's a very divisive character, and veers between funny and irritating at will even if you like the character. Even just the descriptions of the trailer suggest they've turned the Deadpool-ness up to 11 and already some of it is really missing it's mark IMO.

Apocalypse looks like it might be OK but having seen the rough trailer, the character of Apocalypse looks stupid in this world already. It'll be alright but in willing to bet ouit'sts the weakest entry in the series.

Whilst we're whinging about comic book movies, Fantastic 4 is out in less than a month, and no one cares, looks particularly crap, and they've literally just binned the 3d version, which bodes well...

Anyone intrigued by Suicide Squad should definitely look at director David Ayer's previous work.  End of Watch and Sabotage are both intriguing, but Fury is a real step up to the big boy leagues.  He has a pleasingly nasty streak and crucially, a real affection for his oddball teams of desperate men and women.  Ex-Navy guy and boy does it show!

• Like 1

He's got the mask on in a scene in the trailer too, but he also has it off in around 9 scenesI think it's going to be hard not to compare it to guardians of the galaxy as that's effectively what they are doing, taking a bunch of characters hardly any of us know and throwing them all together, the first problem is they chose to tie it in to the dc universe with what's rumoured to be a flashback showing Harley Quinn with the joker and batman, this means that the film will straight away struggle to stand alone and will draw comparisons and criticisms because of the joker, GotG will in probably the avengers 4 tie in.......

Wait, so the joker is only going to appear for brief moments in Quinn's flashbacks and not actually play a proper part in the film?

I'm sure I'd seen somewhere that the joker and batman scene in the purple car was a flashback setting up quinns backstory, batman was definitely only involved in a flashback rather than the main story, whether or not that means joker is only in the flashback took not sure, wouldn't be surprised if they twisted it somehow and threw him in at the end too

Â