The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

It looks awful. It's a really pathetic studio boardroom brainstorm outcome of making a 'gritty, edgey, mature, real take'on the character whilst trying to distance from the Ledger take. So you get that. It's trying so hard, and misses by a mile.

There is nothing good about that. Nothing. And if that's what they want to do with the smaller stories of a fledgling 'DCCU', this whole thing is even more of a stillborn project than it's already appeared.

In a way I hope this was testing the waters and the backlash has made them rethink. If it isn't... Well, I wish them luck, they're gonna need it.

• Like 1

It's the anti-Ledger look and is forced as hell.

It looks like a promo shot for a Marilyn Manson type band's lead singer and is spectacularly missing the heart and soul of the character.

• Like 1

Exactly right. 'Forced' is the perfect word for it.

It looks like someone auditioning for Die Antwoord.

The tatts, seemingly metal teeth (given that this character is defined, if nothing else, by the image of the manically smiling grimace, this just seems odd. I can only assume they've decided that's the obvious thing to change in this defining element of the characters look)... It is forced, bears no resemblance to the character it purports to be and is trying so hard to be gritty it hurts.

Ugh. I await Harley Quinn's gritty nurse bondage gear with baited breath, and Deadshots scarred face with high tech military outfit, and...

Good lord, bit of an over reaction there chinds, I thought I was a cynical bugger :)

Let's wait and see how Leto performs before completely writing it off because of one image without his costume on perhaps?

I'm still undecided on it myself but I'm not going to write it off just yet. It's like ledger all over again :)

• Like 1

Leto is an excellent, versatile actor who adds to every film he's in.

But it doesn't take away from the awful creative direction that that first shot displays.

• Like 1

Shop Around The Corner  (1940)

A "Golden oldie" i decided to watch at random. I found it quite enjoyable and thought James Stewart was good. Certainly worth a look if you like watching old films 7/10

Shop Around The Corner (1940)

A "Golden oldie" i decided to watch at random. I found it quite enjoyable and thought James Stewart was good. Certainly worth a look if you like watching old films 7/10

A James Stewart film I was completely unaware of. Must check it out.

Ugh. I await Harley Quinn's gritty nurse bondage gear with baited breath

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-2013-DVDScr.jpg

Me too Chindie, me too!  :wub:  :clap:

Baited breath and a couple of wet wipes. 

That picture is cropped in the wrong place

Watched it again today, think it improved with a second viewing.

Mad Max trailer is hilarious, makes Transformers look like Oscars bait. There's absolutely nothing in the trailer beyond explosions.

Lolz.

I almost guarantee the new Mad Max will be on a different planet compared to Transformers, unless you consider all other George Miller films similar? I.e the other mad max and babe films?

Â