The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched a film last night, arguably the worst thing I have ever seen. i should have known it was bad when Craig Fairbrass is the main star! Called The Outsider. Also stars Jason Patric, James Caan (must have had a tax bill to pay) and Shannon Elizabeth, who at 40, I still would, repeatedly. 

The_Outsider.jpg

Jason Patric wasn't his last movie Speed 2

What an abomination that was

MV5BMjAwMzQ1NDcyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYz

Best thing he's done (barring The Lost Boys and Rush) but even this heralds back to 2002 - worth looking at if you've never seen it.

Agree about Speed 2 - a no-need to do movie if ever there was one!

Forgetting the plot holes its main issue its direction and cinematography. It feels more like Alien Vs Predator than it does Aliens. Shame.

I enjoyed it though and would watch it again. It gets a Pooligan out of 10.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Ice Cold In Alex  (1958)

This is one of my all time classics. I first saw this film when i was a young lad back in the early 60s. I enjoyed it then and all these years later i still enjoy it. John Mills in the role of Captain Anson was ,in my opinion excellent. 8/10 for me 

• Like 2

Ice Cold In Alex (1958)

This is one of my all time classics. I first saw this film when i was a young lad back in the early 60s. I enjoyed it then and all these years later i still enjoy it. John Mills in the role of Captain Anson was ,in my opinion excellent. 8/10 for me

Definitely. The final scene - necking the pint of lager - is just perfect (even if it is Carlsberg). Took several takes, I believe! Edited by mjmooney

Â