The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Deer Hunter (on TV last night), for maybe the 5th or 6th time. Still a contender for my favourite film of all time (if there could be such a thing).

Watched Friday Night Lights last night.

Loved the TV show but I'd never seen the film. It was pretty good, but I never really bought Billy Bob Thornton as a high school coach. Not that it was a bad performance, it just didn't seem to be a role that fit the way I see him. Fargo may have a lot to answer for on that.

Decent watch though. Might watch Remember the Titans tonight to keep up the theme.

Love that film, preferred it to the TV show but maybe it depends on what you saw first.

The Explosions in the Sky soundtrack absolutely makes that movie though. 

I think when the TV show was at its best it was way better.

But it had a lot of low points too. Some very low!

The Untouchables (1987)

I really enjoyed watching this . It seems you either love or hate this film In my opinion i thought it was really good and i thought Kevin Costner gave a excellent performance as Eliot Ness. Oh i nearly forgot ,a 8/10 for me

• Like 1

I'm man enough to say it ....I liked Sleepless in Seattle.....7/10

You should watch Audition. It's a very, very similar film.*

*well, it does sort of start off like it before it goes murderously mental.

• Like 3

Against my better judgement I ended up watching "Identity Thief" on Sunday

Not quite as bad as i was expecting it to be. But it was pretty **** bad.

When the alternative was "Remember the Titans", I clearly made the wrong decision.

I think I lasted half an hour with Identity Theft. Really really hated it.

I seem to remember vaguely enjoying Remember the Titans at the time. For it's type, it wasn't awful.

I watched He Who Dares the other night, I wasn't expecting much at all and just wanted an easy to watch film with a bit of action. It was one of the worst films I have ever seen.

I take it that's not the a remake of Who Dares Wins, with Lewis Collins is it? Cus if it is.... :angry:

Against my better judgement I ended up watching "Identity Thief" on Sunday

Not quite as bad as i was expecting it to be. But it was pretty **** bad.

i cant watch anything with melissa mccarthy in it, shes awful, completely unfunny

reminded me that id seen a trailer for spy, jason statham in full gristly cockerknee accent calls someone a twot, sold his soul

I watched He Who Dares the other night, I wasn't expecting much at all and just wanted an easy to watch film with a bit of action. It was one of the worst films I have ever seen.

If you watch anything directed by Paul Tranter you deserve all you get ;)

He's well known for making unwatchable macho bollox.

Hmm, well over the holidays by dint of family choice I was roped into watching Cindarella. For a fairy tale film, and for those of you with young kids it was in truth perfectly well made - Branagh keeps it pretty traditional really, and after threatening to be overly saccharine in the first few moments it's reasonably good.  Vitally, none of the cast are irritating, which can ruin kids films. The prince is not an utterly smug git for one.

oh and cate blanchett is terrific as the step mum. Her and Helena Bonham carter were revelling in their roles I think

Edited by Rodders

Â