The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Forgot about Catfish, good that is. Real though? ;)

I have honestly no idea. Didn't take anything away from my enjoyment of the film though, I thought it was wonderful.

As for Black Swan, I know it's UK cinema release isn't til Jan, but I will have forgotten about it by this time next year so it counts as this year right :P

I second despicable me good film

As for films early next year try looking at the golden globes nominations list thats how i found out about black swan and the kings speech

Try itunes too, 3 pages of trailers including most of the summer blockbusters, sucker punch looks amazing imo

Anyone seen "A Serbian Film" ?

Saw Monsters last night , preferred District 9 , but tbf they are not really the same film

Whitney Able has a huge likability factor , hope to see more of her

Finally got round to "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" last night. Started off really, really promisingly, but sort of fizzled out into an incoherent ramble about halfway. Pity.

Yeh, it's practically exactly what you'd expect. The whole thing is basically a lazy metaphor for how the Serbian government is raping the population, from the very second they're born - hence the films most infamous scene. I just didn't the idea engaging at all. Compared to some of it's peers, like Salo, it's a pretty poor.

Yeh, it's practically exactly what you'd expect. The whole thing is basically a lazy metaphor for how the Serbian government is raping the population, from the very second they're born - hence the films most infamous scene. I just didn't find the idea engaging at all. Compared to some of it's peers, like Salo, it's a pretty poor.

Â